NFL MVP Mid-Season Discussion/Poll- Rnd 1, Prt 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL MVP Mid-Season Discussion/Poll- Rnd 1, Prt 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is your mid-season NFL MVP?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Drew Brees
47%
Jared Allen
5%
Vincent Jackson
No votes
Donovan McNabb
5%
Ronnie Brown
5%
Darrelle Revis
No votes
Tom Brady
No votes
Thomas Jones
5%
Aaron Rodgers
16%
Write-in (post to say who/why)
16%

Total votes : 19

Re: NFL MVP Mid-Season Discussion/Poll- Rnd 1, Prt 2

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Yeah, I should have explained better that this is part 2 of the MVP Poll. I had a bunch of names and didn't want to throw all nearly 20 names into one poll. The highest vote-getters of this poll and the previous will get thrown together into a combined poll.

I voted Brees, though I gave thought to Thomas Jones. Without him, they'd rely on a rookie RB and a speedster who wouldn't be able to carry to the load to relieve the pressure on a rookie QB.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:23 pm

Junior Seau. The Patriots have won 24 consecutive regular season games with him on the roster. His very presence makes him an MVP!
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby mattb47 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:41 pm

Drew Brees for me...they rely too much on his arm and they are playing too well for him not to be the top of this list of guys in my eyes.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby benb18a » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:43 am

Gotta be Brees as of right now. I believe that whoever finishes with the best record, between the Vikes, Saints and Colts, their QB will win the award. All three are putting up easy MVP numbers right now, have done so many times, and are on scary good teams. I think Favre should get the edge if he can take the Vikings to the #1 seed, as he would be doing it on a team that is virtually indifferent from last year's, otherwise, and he also gives up by far the most stats to the monster running game of AD and the great line. I think the NO defense is more accountable for the team's success thus far than Brees' performance. The guy put up near-record numbers last season, but failed to bring them to the playoffs. I strongly doubt he puts up that output this year, when the Saints should surpass their 2008 win total by week 10.

Brady has darkhorse potential. If he keeps on improving, and the team goes 12-4ish, he could easily win the award if they get some big wins later in the season, especially if they beat the Colts coming up.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:29 am

benb18a wrote:Gotta be Brees as of right now. I believe that whoever finishes with the best record, between the Vikes, Saints and Colts, their QB will win the award. All three are putting up easy MVP numbers right now, have done so many times, and are on scary good teams.

Hmm. Good point- all are quality MVP selections, but their team's record could be the determining factor.

benb18a wrote: think Favre should get the edge if he can take the Vikings to the #1 seed, as he would be doing it on a team that is virtually indifferent from last year's, otherwise, and he also gives up by far the most stats to the monster running game of AD and the great line. I think the NO defense is more accountable for the team's success thus far than Brees' performance. The guy put up near-record numbers last season, but failed to bring them to the playoffs.

Favre has been so impressive, Adrian Peterson has had to do little. Last year, they needed dominating performances from him each week to have a good chance to win.
Brees did put up monster numbers last year but his team wasn't in this position last year. That's why Gregg Williams and Darren Sharper, in my opinion, have been among the best offseason additions throughout the league.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Football Talk