Fort Hood massacre - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Fort Hood massacre

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fort Hood massacre

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Wow. Gunmen kill 7, injure at least 20. :,-(

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/texas. ... index.html
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fort Hood massacre

Postby eagles21 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:30 pm

That's upsetting. Hopefully they catch the other gunmen. :,-(
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Up to 12 killed and 31 wounded

LINK

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:51 pm

Man that's weak sauce. :-t

RIP to those who were killed, hopefully all those injured make full recoveries. :-/
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby dream_017 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:59 am

Metroid wrote:Man that's weak sauce. :-t

RIP to those who were killed, hopefully all those injured make full recoveries. :-/

Same here

Very sad news
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Metroid » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:21 am

Death toll up to 13 this morning with 30 injured. :,-(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Sounds like he was really, really upset about being deployed. He tried to get out of the army, offered to pay back his training costs, etc, but that's not how it works.

What ever happened to shooting yourself in the foot? If this was just an attempt to get out of deployment... why involve anyone else?

Bizarre situation.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:44 pm

knapplc wrote:Sounds like he was really, really upset about being deployed. He tried to get out of the army, offered to pay back his training costs, etc, but that's not how it works.

What ever happened to shooting yourself in the foot? If this was just an attempt to get out of deployment... why involve anyone else?

Bizarre situation.

Agreed. If this was just an attempt to get out of deployment, he could've just shot himself. I don't understand what would make him go crazy & kill/injure other people. Very sad. RIP. :,-(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:36 pm

Seems folks nationwide are tip-toeing around the Muslim connection, but it's being reported all over that the shooter shouted, "Allahu Akbar!" — Arabic for "God is great" before opening fire.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood_shooting
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:54 am

This was absolutely a home grown terrorrist act. Doubt if he was involved with any group he was just one of those muslims that had to take out our people. This is regardless of how it is spun by our gvnmnt.

All you have to do is look at the information that has come out in 24 hours. Anyone who thinks different is living in la la land.

Even the liberal media is reporting the negatives about this guy. Wish the woman cop who shot his arse had killed him. Would save the govmt a bunch of money. with all the money our govmnt is spending on other things we do us good to save some.

All that said this guy should never had been in a position to do this horrendence act. It should have been nipped in the bud by his superiors.

Thank god for our political masters who keep this kinda crap from happening. BTW I'm not blaming Obama for this as opposed to many Republicians are. This is a referendum on the whole of our political system both sides. They want nothing but the power. The dems have it now and the republicans want the power back. At least the republicians are strong on National defens. would that have stopped this act, probably not.

As a safety guy, with much of the debate I have heard today. yea there could have been better rules for our proffessional soldiers that allowed them to carry weapon on the base. Twere has really not bee nan issuewithis in the past. as a safety guy I know thaty all rules and regulations are written in the blood of workers (in the case solders). I would bet that the rules for weapon permits on military bases will change as a result of this trategdy.

I have bee ndrinking and am rambling, but our militart persdonnel (including my brother) should have the right to protect themselves just like I do. I have a permit to carry my gun on my person. Our proffessional milatary personnwel should have the same rights. They most likely have a much better idea of the proper way to handle a weapon than the vast majority of the civilians who have a concealed hand gun permit.

We should all have the ability tro protect ourselves period!!!!!!!!!!! even on a military base.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to General Talk