Survivor Pool Options - Week 9 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Survivor Pool Options - Week 9

Moderator: Football Moderators

Survivor Pool Options - Week 9

Postby ww stud » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:36 pm

**mod edit** - Please post all Survivor Pool questions in this thread - no need to have multiple threads

I wanna thank you guys for the help last week, Sd. You can only use a team once a year, so far ive used; NO,MIN,BAL,NYG,PHI,IND,SDC. Three games that stand out to me are GB at TB and SEA vs DET, ATL vs WASH. Thoughts?
ww stud
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Survivor league 3 guys left, need your help

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Hmmm...out of those three games I'd rank them as follows

ATL vs. WAS
GB @ TB
SEA vs. DET

Honestly, I personally feel safer with GB becuase they match up better against TB, but, since TB has wont 3 of their last 4 games and it's away I'd have to pick ATL vs. WAS first. ATL is undeniably better than WAS and they showed it on MNF, but something about that game doesn't sit right with me (not sure what it is yet). As for SEA vs. DET...its a sucker bet. With Stafford and Megatron back in the mix, it's going to be a close game and I could see DET winning. Hope that helps somewhat. You're going to have to choose between GB and ATL this week. Good luck ;-D !
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby ww stud » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:22 pm

I remember seeing that Wash hasn't allowed alot of td's through the air so far this season. Which could make ATL lean on Turner to win the game. If it matters one of the other two guys left has used GB this year.
ww stud
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Definitely like Atlanta or Green Bay.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:44 pm

i'd go Green Bay (the Bucs are awful and starting a rookie QB) followed by Detroit...here's a list of bad omens from the Detroit Free Press about the last time they:

WON A ROAD GAME?
Game 8 in 2007, in Chicago. It actually was their second road win of the season. They’ve lost 15 straight since.

WON ON THE WEST COAST?
Game 1 in 2007, at Oakland. Before that it was Game 1 in 1999, also in Seattle (they’re 1-5 since then).

BEAT A TEAM WITH A BIRD NICKNAME?
Game 8 in 2006.

They defeated the Atlanta Falcons, 30-14. They’re 0­4 since then.

HAD A ROOKIE QB WHO WON MORE THAN ONE GAME?
2002, when they went 3-9 in Joey Harrington’s starts.

PLAYED AFTER ‘V’ PREMIERED?
Oct. 28, 1984. And instead of a V, they got an L — they lost, 41-9, at Green Bay — on their way to a 4-11-1 record.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:07 pm

I think this is the week you should play the Patriots. Let those other guys gamble. Patriots at home following a bye against the Fins who won't be having a special teams picnic at Belichick's expense. Miami played their hearts out last week; there isn't enough left in the tank for this week, not by a long shot.

Truth in advertising forces me to admit that I'm a Pats fan, but it's the team I'd pick this week. Those other match-ups don't look very safe to me; I'd wanna shoot myself if I banked on a team like ATL or SEA and they lost. At the least the Patriots are a team that SHOULD, by all that's holy in the sport of football, win ;-D
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby moochman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:24 pm

There is a nice game with Jags hosting KC this week, too. ATL still has TB in a few weeks, GB the Lions, and at St Louis. So I would go with either the Jags or SeaHacks.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Survivor Pool help Week 9

Postby KenDawg19 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:28 pm

Here are my options this week:

Atlanta vs. Washington
Seattle vs. Detroit
Green Bay at Tampa Bay
San Francisco vs. Tennessee

Any thoughts?
KenDawg19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mattb47 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:43 pm

DraftDodger wrote:I think this is the week you should play the Patriots. Let those other guys gamble. Patriots at home following a bye against the Fins who won't be having a special teams picnic at Belichick's expense. Miami played their hearts out last week; there isn't enough left in the tank for this week, not by a long shot.

Truth in advertising forces me to admit that I'm a Pats fan, but it's the team I'd pick this week. Those other match-ups don't look very safe to me; I'd wanna shoot myself if I banked on a team like ATL or SEA and they lost. At the least the Patriots are a team that SHOULD, by all that's holy in the sport of football, win ;-D

I wouldn't bank on the Pats this week...the Dolphins have a knack for beating teams they aren't supposed to and any team with a strong running game and defense gives themselves a chance to win each and every week so I personally wouldn't feel comfortable betting against them given some of the other possibilities this week.

I'd personally go with Green Bay against Tampa Bay...Aaron Rodgers has been lights out even against good defenses this year and Tampa Bay is a walkover both offensively and defensively. I'd be surprised to see them win by less than 20 to be completely honest.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Survivor Pool help Week 9

Postby mattb47 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:45 pm

I said this in another survivor thread but I think Green Bay is the best way to go. They are just miles better than TB and Rodgers is playing fantastic right now. The only way it could go wrong for that offense is if they can't protect Rodgers and TB doesn't have the weapons to get to him with any consistency, I would expect a big day for both the GB offense and Defense as a rookie QB with minimal experience is getting the start for the Bucs.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk