Survivor Pool Options - Week 9 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Survivor Pool Options - Week 9

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Survivor Pool help Week 9

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:10 am

I like Green Bay as well.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6206
(Past Year: 70)
Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Jersey

Re: Survivor league 3 guys left, need your help

Postby funatic » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:24 am

I would go with SEA, because I think they are a solid bet against DET, and I don't think they will be useable later. CJ and Smith could be slowed by injuries. GB is a decent pick, but TB playing at home, coming off a bye, and trying to get not to be an 0-16 team could be dangerous.
funatic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 158
Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Survivor Pool help Week 9

Postby KenDawg19 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:17 am

I'm a little worried about picking against a winless team at home (aka Tampa) but they are a mess right now. I may have to flip a coin between Atlanta (the best team of the 4 I have to choose from) and Green Bay (playing against the weakest opponent).
KenDawg19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 432
Joined: 6 Oct 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Survivor Pool help Week 9

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:24 am

I wouldn't consider the SF/Ten game. I think people have provided good rationale for picking GB and Atl, but noone has said how good Seattle's matchup is. They're at home and Detroit may again be missing be missing Calvin Johnson. Worse, Kevin Smith is still injured and may not play. Even if they're both active, I'll take the Hawks' offense over that defense any day- never mind what Seattle's D will do to a rookie QB struggling to get back from injury behind a weak line.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 3627
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Survivor league 3 guys left, need your help

Postby DraftDodger » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:41 pm

mattb47 wrote:I wouldn't bank on the Pats this week...I'd personally go with Green Bay against Tampa Bay...Aaron Rodgers has been lights out even against good defenses this year and Tampa Bay is a walkover both offensively and defensively. I'd be surprised to see them win by less than 20 to be completely honest.


Your "lights out" Rodgers will be playing injured (if at all) and Brady is healthy. I'm sticking with my pick, though the decision is obviously up to the OP. Probably both GB and the Pats will win their games, but I'd rather go with the Pats.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 1400
Joined: 24 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Cafe

Re: Survivor league 3 guys left, need your help

Postby mattb47 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:42 am

DraftDodger wrote:
mattb47 wrote:I wouldn't bank on the Pats this week...I'd personally go with Green Bay against Tampa Bay...Aaron Rodgers has been lights out even against good defenses this year and Tampa Bay is a walkover both offensively and defensively. I'd be surprised to see them win by less than 20 to be completely honest.


Your "lights out" Rodgers will be playing injured (if at all) and Brady is healthy. I'm sticking with my pick, though the decision is obviously up to the OP. Probably both GB and the Pats will win their games, but I'd rather go with the Pats.


Well...of course you would as a Pats fan...but I'm looking MUCH more at the teams they are facing than the apparent health of either QB. GB doesn't NEED Rodgers to throw it all over the field to destroy the Bucs, their team is AWFUL and they are starting a rookie QB...that will end up resulting in a very one sided game. Miami is a MUCH better team than TB and they have already showed a tendency to beat teams that they shouldn't necessarily beat because they run the ball well and play good defense...never bet against the possibility of that kind of team putting up an upset because they can potentially control the clock and limit the Patriots opportunities on offense.

I think the overall matchup is just plain better for GB this week...nothing against NE and I do think they will win...but I'm 10 times more confident in GB than NE for the teams they are facing this week.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Survivor Pool Options - Week 9

Postby KenDawg19 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:15 pm

Where's the love for Atlanta this week? They are one of the better teams I have left and showed some life against the Saints on Monday.
KenDawg19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 432
Joined: 6 Oct 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Survivor Pool Options - Week 9

Postby SameSongNDance » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:25 pm

KenDawg19 wrote:Where's the love for Atlanta this week? They are one of the better teams I have left and showed some life against the Saints on Monday.



I was looking at it and Atlanta doesn't quite match up with WAS all that well. Don't get me wrong, ATL is obviously the better team but WAS has been playing very good defense this season and it's been overshadowed by a horrible offense. ATL has potent offense but both their pass and rush defense are statistically below average, almost breaking the bottom 10 in both cases. IMO if WAS could sustain some drives (I know, big question mark here), I think they have a chance. This might be the upset game of the week.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 1574
Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Survivor Pool Options - Week 9

Postby KenDawg19 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:39 am

SameSongNDance wrote:
KenDawg19 wrote:Where's the love for Atlanta this week? They are one of the better teams I have left and showed some life against the Saints on Monday.



I was looking at it and Atlanta doesn't quite match up with WAS all that well. Don't get me wrong, ATL is obviously the better team but WAS has been playing very good defense this season and it's been overshadowed by a horrible offense. ATL has potent offense but both their pass and rush defense are statistically below average, almost breaking the bottom 10 in both cases. IMO if WAS could sustain some drives (I know, big question mark here), I think they have a chance. This might be the upset game of the week.


Should I roll with Green Bay? I just don't trust Seattle with Stafford, Smith, and possibly Calvin back. Seattle is not a good team.
KenDawg19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 432
Joined: 6 Oct 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Survivor Pool Options - Week 9

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:55 am

KenDawg19 wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:
KenDawg19 wrote:Where's the love for Atlanta this week? They are one of the better teams I have left and showed some life against the Saints on Monday.



I was looking at it and Atlanta doesn't quite match up with WAS all that well. Don't get me wrong, ATL is obviously the better team but WAS has been playing very good defense this season and it's been overshadowed by a horrible offense. ATL has potent offense but both their pass and rush defense are statistically below average, almost breaking the bottom 10 in both cases. IMO if WAS could sustain some drives (I know, big question mark here), I think they have a chance. This might be the upset game of the week.


Should I roll with Green Bay? I just don't trust Seattle with Stafford, Smith, and possibly Calvin back. Seattle is not a good team.


Two shutouts at home against other terrible teams, but with that said I'd prolly roll with the Pack. I faced this same decision in my Last Man Standing pool and went with a homer pick, but I wouldn't feel right recommending them to anyone else :-b
Image
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8164
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New to the "block"

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 4:29 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact