Start Jamaal Charles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Start Jamaal Charles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Start Jamaal Charles

Postby Guru13 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:22 pm

yep. Last time I did this I was wrong (or well, mostly), so here we go again. I'm starting Jamaal Charles this week in my money league.The Jags D is quite mediocre i.e.: Chris Johnson absolutely destroyed them for 239 total yards, Jackson had 128 total yards, hell even Steve Slaton put up 76 rushing yards against them, on just 12 carries (113 total yards). I also believe that he'll want to take the opportunity and run with it (no pun intended). Kolby Smith is likely not going to play much if at all, and really is a ho-hum talent at best. The Jags are really struggling all around right now, they gave the Titans their first win, and went to OT with the Rams earlier in the year. The offense isn't on the same page, and it's keeping them from getting ahead. Walker and MJD are clearly great talents and they've both had good games, but lack consistency and the offensive line is still not even close to meshing. Kansas City, of course, sucks, but Charles has been a better fit in this offense the last few years and I think he'll give the Chiefs a boost. If they can keep Cassel off the ground (... if), I think they have a chance of being in this game for awhile. He has more value in ppr leagues (which mine is), so take that with a grain of salt. I just have a feeling about him for this week. Feel free to comment/make fun of me. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Start Jamaal Charles

Postby Metroid » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:25 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote: Feel free to comment/make fun of me. ;-D

OK...you braid your back hair and your breath smells really bad. Oh and you drive a chick car. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Guru13 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Metroid wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote: Feel free to comment/make fun of me. ;-D

OK...you braid your back hair and your breath smells really bad. Oh and you drive a chick car. :-b

O ya?! Well you... you uh... uh... you're a ducks fan? :-B :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SameSongNDance » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm starting Charles over R. Brown in my 2PPR league and him over Mendenhall in my regular league. I started the Jamaal Charles a month ago questioning how Todd Haily could still rely on LJ and how Charles time would ultimately come. I've been waiting for this moment for some time now. Jac and then Oak...very nice.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby sirchadwick1 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:10 pm

I'm actually debating starting Charles over Slaton this week... argh decisions.
2010 12-team .5PPR
QB - Ryan, Vick
RB - S. Greene, Forte, Stewart, F. Jones, Sproles
WR - Moss, Megatron, NYG Smith, Floyd, M. Williams (TB)
TE - Cooley
D - CIN (week to week)
K - Bironas
sirchadwick1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KOTN14 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:24 pm

sirchadwick1 wrote:I'm actually debating starting Charles over Slaton this week... argh decisions.

I'm all in on Jamaal Charles. I actually just traded Slaton for Hines Ward in a PPR keeper league because I stashed Charles a couple of weeks ago and would've started him over Slaton anyway.

While, I don't like the Chiefs offense, I like Charles' matchups for the most part from here on out. Who knows what's going to happen in Houston.

I think Charles is a must-start in PPR leagues, because worst case, he'll catch 3-4 balls out of the backfield to go along with what should be 40-60 yards rushing. Best case, he becomes what everybody thought Slaton was going to be this year.
KOTN14
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SameSongNDance » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:45 pm

sirchadwick1 wrote:I'm actually debating starting Charles over Slaton this week... argh decisions.

Boy that's a much easier decision than you might think. Granted me sitting Ronnie Brown for Charles in a PPR is nothing short of extremely risky but your decision, not so much.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Guru13 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:06 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:

Boy that's a much easier decision than you might think. Granted me sitting Ronnie Brown for Charles in a PPR is nothing short of extremely risky but your decision, not so much.

I was thinking the same thing... there's some talk in the I&P updates forum however that Kolby may get all the GL carries. :-? I personally don't see it because he's coming off a big injury, but still - it's something to be taken into consideration.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:35 pm

The problem with starting Charles is how much patience they'll have if he fumbles early. He could find his time shrivel up like the Chiefs sense of humor at a LJ interview.
I think he is worth a shot because if he holds onto the ball he has enough talent to post very respectable numbers vs the Jags.

Charles >>> Slaton this week
Brown > Charles, by a wisker.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby ampant » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:51 pm

You wouldn't start him over Addai or Westbrook would you?
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Next

Return to Football Talk