Midseason Report - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Midseason Report

Moderator: Football Moderators

Midseason Report

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Detroit Lions (1-6)
Grade: D

What they’ve done well: It came in a Week 3 win against Washington. Since then, the most positive development has been the play of rookie quarterback Matthew Stafford, who has the arm strength and attitude to become a good quarterback. coach Jim Schwartz has put together an aggressive secondary, a unit that has batted away 35 passes, ranking 14th in that category.

Needs improvement: It’s hard to win when you don’t stop the other team from scoring. The Lions are giving up 29.3 points per game. The only team worse is the Titans. The Lions struggle to move the ball, averaging 4.4 yards per snap, and can't protect Stafford and backup quarterback Daunte Culpepper. They have given up 24 sacks midway through the season and they show no signs of getting better.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sport ... 32172.html

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Midseason Report

Postby moochman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:39 pm

Local translation: Lions appear to have another bad draft under their belts with the new M square, Martin Mayhew. The only draft pick that shows even mild impact is Stafford. Every other draft pick is below par. The Lions use a BS formula to fool their fans, and probably even themselves into thinking they had a good draft. They tell you about guys like Levy, who had one good game and is now a great pick, dudes like Delmas, whose best hit came in training camp.
The bottom line is that when you are among the worse teams in the history of football, coming off of a 0-16 season and on the way to a 2-3 win season your draft picks should all be contributing because your talent sucks. But, truth is, your talent sucks because your FO sucks. Doing the Allen Park suffle, scapegoating-in this case bafoon Matt Millen and ditch digger NimRod Marinelli, and saying how you will do it right this time is a staple of this clueless franchise. I feel a fool for even thinking that anything was different.

I wish I could quit the Lions.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Detroit Lions