Week 9 GC: Dallas @ Philadelphia - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 9 GC: Dallas @ Philadelphia

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 9 GC: Dallas @ Philadelphia

Postby joejlitz » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:31 pm

This game was terrible. The officiating/replays were the least of the problems. The game was poorly coached, poorly planned, and poorly executed. We went downfield maybe twice???? Moise Fokou (who?) had two huge penalties last night. The first one was a hold on Hobbs' kickoff return for a TD. The 2nd was on a hold on a 44-yard INT return. He ought to be a free agent today and if he isn't then Reid has no sack. Reid's challenge percentage is terrible. The first one should never have been challenged. It was obvious McCoy made his own way back short of the sticks. The 2nd should have been overturned for an Eagles 1st down. Celek is thisclose to being an elite TE, but his stoopid-ass Captain Morgan pose garnered a 15-yard penalty and gave DAL a short field. They scored. In fact, DAL scored all their points on a short field - on one possession helped by Asante Samuel's stoopid unsportsmanlike conduct penalty by jabbing in the face of the one Cowboy he tackled all night. Terrible clock management. Michael Vick experiment should be over. Every other Eagle runs the Wildcat better than Vick. And his substituting out wasted enough time that the Eagles were forced to call a time out - so combine that with the 2 challenges we lost and we have no time outs left. So...let's kick a FG! With no timeouts left! DAL gets 2 first downs. Game over.

Bad, bad game. Eagles gave it away on stupidity.

BUT LET ME TELL YOU HOW I REALLY FEEL!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby THE SWAT TEAM » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:09 pm

I heard the whole loggie bit. It sure sounded like one to me. As far this game went, what a stinker from Philly. I would have thought they would have learned from the Raiders you can't take a week/can't take a team lightly. Giants lit up Cowboys pass D in week 2 and IMO the Eagles passing game is more explosive.
THE SWAT TEAM
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:32 pm

THE SWAT TEAM wrote:I heard the whole loggie bit. It sure sounded like one to me. As far this game went, what a stinker from Philly. I would have thought they would have learned from the Raiders you can't take a week/can't take a team lightly. Giants lit up Cowboys pass D in week 2 and IMO the Eagles passing game is more explosive.

First off I wouldn't say we are a weak team. Not elite, but far from weak. Second we are alot better than we were in week 2 when we got lit up and lit up at the same time only to lose on a last second fg.

We made sure Desean didn't get any long ones. He is pretty one dimensional as a WR or at least the play calling was. And the key to the win was not making mistakes when the other team made a ton. It is usually us shooting ourselves in the foot not the opponent.

Big win for Big D ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting