tim rattay - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

tim rattay

Moderator: Football Moderators

tim rattay

Postby foreverabearsfan » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:24 pm

opinions? a two hit wonder or the real deal? sorry jeff garcia, but i see a QB controversy, like a warner-bulger deal (proven vs unproven). rattay's had 2 great great games against pretty substantial defenses (well ok pitt's pass D isn't but... still). worth starting?
foreverabearsfan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:31 pm

Rattay has looked pretty good. The only problem is Garcia is starting next week and will be the starter the rest of the year unless he's injured. This is no Warner/Bulger thing where they will go with the hot hand.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby zombiez » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:45 pm

Erickson said no way is there a QB controversy, Garcia is his man.....they were talking about that dureing the game last night
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Paladyr » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:03 pm

Be careful, listen to erickson's words... he says garcia is the man, when he's 100%. Not 95, 100. I don't think his ankle will be at 100% until after the season. Erickson also threw in "i'll play whoever gives us the best chance at winning."

I already picked up Rattay. The guy has pinpoint accuracy. Thos long balls he threw against Pitt were PERFECT.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MCG321 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:17 pm

As a TO owner, I hope Rattay starts next week...and the week after...and the week after...
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:45 am

Azrael wrote:Rattay has looked pretty good. The only problem is Garcia is starting next week and will be the starter the rest of the year unless he's injured. This is no Warner/Bulger thing where they will go with the hot hand.

But bear in mind that the "Warner/Bulger" thing resulted from an injury to Warner that resulted in Bulger stepping up to deliver win after win, which meant there was no rush to put Warner back in while he was healing and Bulger is delivering. Here, we have an injury to Garcia that has resulted in Rattay stepping up to deliver win after win, which means there should be no rush to put Garcia back while he's healing and Rattay is delivering.

Hmm, wait ... that doesn't sound quite as different after all. Factor in that Erickson said he'll start the guy who gives us the best chance to win ... and maybe, just maybe, Garcia won't be 100% for Green Bay.

Friendliness: %

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:53 am

MCG321 wrote:As a TO owner, I hope Rattay starts next week...and the week after...and the week after...

As a streets owner im dying for Garcia to come back in....ZERO catches for Streets monday night :~(
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby foreverabearsfan » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:32 am

Paladyr wrote:Be careful, listen to erickson's words... he says garcia is the man, when he's 100%. Not 95, 100. I don't think his ankle will be at 100% until after the season. Erickson also threw in "i'll play whoever gives us the best chance at winning."

I already picked up Rattay. The guy has pinpoint accuracy. Thos long balls he threw against Pitt were PERFECT.

yea, good point. holy crap, i feel sorry for this guy, he's wasted 3 seasons when he could've easy started somewhere else it seems. 2 week is not enough time to judge someone but he hit his first like 8 passes or something. caught ALL receivers in stride.

if rattay starts against green bay and has another game like this, like 250yds 2TD 1 pick, then garcia might be out.
foreverabearsfan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:41 am

If Rat-a-tat keeps starting, do you guys think he would be worth dumping Aaron Brooks for?

Yahoo 10 team league, 8-3 overall, three way tie for 1st place

QB - Bulger*, Brooks
RB - Portis*, D. Davis* (tentative), Shipp, Hearst, Henry
WR - S. Moss*, Toomer*, J. Smith*, A. Johnson
TE - Clark*, Shockey
K - Wilkins*
DEF - KC*
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk