I coulda won... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I coulda won...

Moderator: Football Moderators

I coulda won...

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:22 am

I barely lost or tied in a couple of leagues. Hopefully, listing how a few minor things made the difference will cool me off a little-

A) Kris Brown just barely missed a field goal as regulation ended;
B) Hakeem Nicks couldn't squeeze out one more yard on that rush attempt;
With byes, injuries and ineffectiveness smashing through my TE position in multiple leagues, I picked up Fred Davis everywhere as he was coming of a bye and facing the 29th ranked pass-defense. Davis showed what he could do before the bye and spent the pass week at team HQ with the position coach. Now, my problem-
C) If Campbell had thrown that pass attempt better at 2:58 left in the first, the extra 6 yards would have eventually pushed Davis into three-fantasy-point territory;
D) Instead, it bounced off his fingers. Atl picked it off and ran it into the endzone. One of my opponents was starting Atl's defense;
E) a pass interference prevented Vincent Jackson from catching a 29 yard pass. Leaving aside any YAC, combining that yardage with the 58 he had would have gotten me the win in one league;
F) Nicks got 2 targets that he didn't catch. It's too early to see video of them yet, but one was termed "deep";
G) a 16-yard pass interference prevented Burleson from getting 16 yards which, combined with his 75 yards receiving and not accounting for any YAC, would have gotten me an additional 2 points;
H) Devin Thomas was only targeted twice, but both were incomplete. I hate donuts from my starters.

Wow, that actually was somewhat cathartic. Banking on a bad offense coming off the bye and abusing the 29th-ranked pass defense (Devin Thomas and Fred Davis against Atlanta) didn't work. :-[

Oh, and I hate playing guys in one league while facing them in another.

Another thing I'm getting to really hate- non-decimal scoring. All those 58 yards, 39 yards, 17 yards just seem to be a waste.

Anyone else needed just a little bit more for a win?
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 3627
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I coulda won...

Postby kickureface » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:04 am

i have definitely learned something new this year that people preached last year that i never got in my head.
DONT DRAFT PLAYERS FROM BAD OFFENSES

hello redskins, oakland, (detroit to an extent), tampa, etc etc etc.

would have saved me from cooley (i didnt think wash would have been this bad though), DMC, kevin smith although decent in PPR, noone from tb thank god.
kickureface
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 525
Joined: 27 Sep 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I coulda won...

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:58 am

kickureface wrote:i have definitely learned something new this year that people preached last year that i never got in my head.
DONT DRAFT PLAYERS FROM BAD OFFENSES

hello redskins, oakland, (detroit to an extent), tampa, etc etc etc.

would have saved me from cooley (i didnt think wash would have been this bad though), DMC, kevin smith although decent in PPR, noone from tb thank god.


Add to that to never draft WRs with suck QBs. Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Santana Moss to name a few. As a concrete rider to that tenet, never, ever, play an underachieving second year WR on a team with a terrible offence and suck QB. You know, guys like Devin Thomas.
C'Mon Kareighuis! What, are you in a 20 team NCF East only league? I do agree with you not to play in leagues that don't use fractional scoring. 9 yards is worth something in real football, so it stands to reason it should be worth something in FFB. Sorry about your loss. I got beaten so badly this week that there was little second guessing.
Still sucks though.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: I coulda won...

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:48 am

moochman wrote:
kickureface wrote:i have definitely learned something new this year that people preached last year that i never got in my head.
DONT DRAFT PLAYERS FROM BAD OFFENSES

hello redskins, oakland, (detroit to an extent), tampa, etc etc etc.

would have saved me from cooley (i didnt think wash would have been this bad though), DMC, kevin smith although decent in PPR, noone from tb thank god.


Add to that to never draft WRs with suck QBs. Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Santana Moss to name a few. As a concrete rider to that tenet, never, ever, play an underachieving second year WR on a team with a terrible offence and suck QB. You know, guys like Devin Thomas.
C'Mon Kareighuis! What, are you in a 20 team NCF East only league? I do agree with you not to play in leagues that don't use fractional scoring. 9 yards is worth something in real football, so it stands to reason it should be worth something in FFB. Sorry about your loss. I got beaten so badly this week that there was little second guessing.
Still sucks though.


One of the leagues I just barely lost in is a 25-deep dynasty. Tedd Ginn is still rostered. Remember Troy Williamson? He's not on this league's waivers.

Short-term, a year or a game, yeah, avoid guys on bad offenses. Dynasty though, talent wins out. Remember what Vincent Jackson was like a few years ago?

On a final note, I've always been a fan of Jason Campbell. He's just had a raw deal- constantly changing offense, getting stuck in DC. That game yesterday, though- nearly killed my view of him.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 3627
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I coulda won...

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:23 pm

I coulda won (last week) if Yahoo didn't fix some "errors": 7 yards for Greg Jennings, 4 rushing yards for Matt Schaub, as of Tuesday I pulled out a win by .2, when I looked Wednesday or Thursday, it was changed to a loss by .9, the 7 yards to Jennings & the 4 to Schaub were redacted...

Toughest loss I've had since the DeAngelo Williams buzzsaw in last years playoffs...
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 3029
Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I coulda won...

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:06 am

Sex Panther wrote:I coulda won (last week) if Yahoo didn't fix some "errors": 7 yards for Greg Jennings, 4 rushing yards for Matt Schaub, as of Tuesday I pulled out a win by .2, when I looked Wednesday or Thursday, it was changed to a loss by .9, the 7 yards to Jennings & the 4 to Schaub were redacted...

Toughest loss I've had since the DeAngelo Williams buzzsaw in last years playoffs...


Damn, sad to hear for you, but now I know there's, what, a 5% chance that the guys get the bump that I need?

I too ran into DAW in the playoffs last year. Still can't believe I cut him in the first few weeks...
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 3627
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:55 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact