2010 NFL Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

2010 NFL Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

2010 NFL Draft

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:20 am

so is it too early to talk about who we'll draft with our Top 5 pick :-b maybe that Suh kid from Nebraska will fall to us (that is if we dont have the #1 overall again :-o )
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010 NFL Draft

Postby dream_017 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:45 am

Same as the previous few years. I will be disappointed if they take anything other than offensive linemen and defense(starting with the line).
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:40 pm

dream_017 wrote:Same as the previous few years. I will be disappointed if they take anything other than offensive linemen and defense(starting with the line).

With this draft I don't see how it is possible they don't take a DL.
But it is the Lions so you can never figure what they will do. Still trying to figure out how the best available athlete Pettigrew can be so outperformed by Oher. How QB Sanchez looks so much more NFL ready than Stafford.
Sorry guys, I am really down about this team's future.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:56 am

moochman wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Same as the previous few years. I will be disappointed if they take anything other than offensive linemen and defense(starting with the line).

But it is the Lions so you can never figure what they will do. Still trying to figure out how the best available athlete Pettigrew can be so outperformed by Oher. How QB Sanchez looks so much more NFL ready than Stafford.

meh...Sanchez has a much better surrounding cast though...that was a 9-7 team. Oher is a beast though :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
moochman wrote:

meh...Sanchez has a much better surrounding cast though...that was a 9-7 team. Oher is a beast though :-b

Ef surrounding cast. Sanchez isn't throwing rainbows to nowhere. Had we have taken Oher instead of Pettigrew our O-line would be in better shape and we could build lines in this upcoming draft. Whatever, its all hope under the bridge now.

My wish list for next year is Linemen times two, RB, and a WR or 3rd linemen in the first four rounds. Smith looks much more done that getting started, so we have to find his replacement. The lines can no longer be ignored and the draft is linemen heavy at the top. Even the Lions shouldn't find a way to screw that up. Okay, scratch that.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:25 pm

moochman wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
moochman wrote:

Ef surrounding cast. Sanchez isn't throwing rainbows to nowhere. Had we have taken Oher instead of Pettigrew our O-line would be in better shape and we could build lines in this upcoming draft. Whatever, its all hope under the bridge now.

My wish list for next year is Linemen times two, RB, and a WR or 3rd linemen in the first four rounds. Smith looks much more done that getting started, so we have to find his replacement. The lines can no longer be ignored and the draft is linemen heavy at the top. Even the Lions shouldn't find a way to screw that up. Okay, scratch that.

yeah i agree Line (O or D) needs to be our top priority, but i also agree we could use an explosive RB, although i could wait until 2011 for that since i dont have any illusions of us competing next year either and an explosive rookie back would look much better behind an established line. either way we need to bring in someone to challenge Kevin Smith...guy is an average NFL RB at best, looking more like a solid backup you can plug in if your starter goes down. as much as i hate to say it WR2 is also a big priority to take some pressure off Calvin...but as much as i want to improve the skill positions LINE LINE LINE...and maybe some DB help :*) :~(
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:33 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
moochman wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

yeah i agree Line (O or D) needs to be our top priority, but i also agree we could use an explosive RB, although i could wait until 2011 for that since i dont have any illusions of us competing next year either and an explosive rookie back would look much better behind an established line. either way we need to bring in someone to challenge Kevin Smith...guy is an average NFL RB at best, looking more like a solid backup you can plug in if your starter goes down. as much as i hate to say it WR2 is also a big priority to take some pressure off Calvin...but as much as i want to improve the skill positions LINE LINE LINE...and maybe some DB help :*) :~(

I really don't care about the WRs or secondary. Fix the lines and LBs, would love to get a top end RB. It kills me to think of how this team would look if we took Oher and Malauga (LB misspelled, I know) We really could habe taken some real steps toward fixing this mess.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dream_017 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:04 pm

With just over a week to go, I'm bumping this from our mid-seeason chat 8-o

I'm still the same...any of the 3 and I'll be happy with our first pick - McCoy, Suh, Okung

With what they did in FA I think they have some wiggle room to not have an all-line draft O:-) :-b They need a RB, hopefully one falls or they have enough to jump up and get one. My guess is with them not really going after any in FA they think that they have a shot at one in the draft.

I'm still undecided if I'm going down to Ford Field for the day-one draft. Right now it is about 65% that I will go.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:05 pm

With their acquisitions of a LG and the DL men (assumption being that they work out) we are in position to really show some meaningful progression this season. I still think, barring the Rams taking him, that the Leos should take Suh. Should the Rams pass on Bradford and take Suh instead then I think it would open up trade possibilities that could lead to them taking either Okung or Spiller.
As for drafting Suh, the Lions (again, assumption being these players pan out) have a couple vets on the DL to help he and last year's pick grow into viable DLmen.
What I hope not to see this year is another 'best available athlete at his position' like Pettigrew. Get the best guys to fill your biggest holes and make this team better. So far, Mayhew doesn't appear to be a complete moron, though the contrast with Millen will cover up anyone's incompetence, lets hope he can make decent picks as the team gets better.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dream_017 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:16 am

moochman wrote:I still think, barring the Rams taking him, that the Leos should take Suh. Should the Rams pass on Bradford and take Suh instead then I think it would open up trade possibilities that could lead to them taking either Okung or Spiller.

I completely agree and would have no issue at all with the above happening ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Next

Return to Detroit Lions