The Suh pick was as much a no-brainer as Megs. Love it, hope he pans out. The Best pick puzzles me for a couple of reasons.
1) Not sure they needed to trade up for him. Sure the Rams may have taken him, though they've so many other needs.
2) He is not a sure thing. Injur problems, the concussion, arm and shoulder injuries make me worry about his ability to hang with the big boys.
3) He hasn't been very productive vs the good teams.
4) He isn't an every down back.
5) This draft is loaded with D talent and the Lions have the worst D in the history of D.
I really think that we could have done better to wait, see if Best is still there and pick better D help in the 4th and 7th rnds. Or should the Rams take him go with a LB or OL there. They can grab another RB later.
That said, I am happy with day one. Suh is going to really help the D line for years to come. Best could prove me wrong and be the explosive difference maker we so badly need out of the backfield. Not over joyed at the tendancy of Mayhew to pick glamor O skill position guys, ala his mentor. So break the chains, Mayhew, and go D or OL the rest of the way.
I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?