Your Every Day Carry - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Your Every Day Carry

Moderator: Football Moderators

Your Every Day Carry

Postby m16a » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:12 pm

Ok, so as some of you may (or not) know, I am an avid flashlight (weird, I know) and knife collector. In that line of forums, we often talk about our EDC, or Every Day Carry. In essence, it is the stuff that we have in our pockets every day that we don't leave the house without, what exactly we carry, and how much it cost. Since this is a totally gear UNrelated forum, I figured it would be interesting to get a basic idea of what everyone here carries and how much it costs, just for the fun of it. I'll start us off for an example and a nice laugh for the rest of you.

-Cell Phone (Alias 2, $30)
-iPod Nano ($150)
-Camera (Canon SX110 IS $250)
-Wallet (ID, few bucks, public transist tokens, ~$10)
-Keys ( contains small swiss army knife, flashlight, keys ~$55)
-Flashlight 1 ($54)
-Flashlight 2 ($180)
-Flashlight 3 ($90)
-Knife 1 ($80)
-Multitool 1 ($50)
-Multitool 2 ($25)

Grand total: $974 (Dang, I am sneaking closer to $1k all the time... Eeek)

I don't generally pocket carry my iPod and camera, but the days I do, they are in my backpack, and this is a worstcase scenario in terms of price. :-b

So, let's hear yours and you can laugh at mine.

m16a
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Your Every Day Carry

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:04 pm

I know you said you're a flashlight collector, but you carry 3 on you at all (most) times? X-I That, or I'm reading this thread wrong...

Okay, so here's the stuff that I'll typically have on my person when I leave my house...

Cell (Blackberry Tour, $150)
Wallet ($50) plus whatever cash I've got (let's call that $50 as well)
Keys ($250*)
Pen ($1)

* That's the ungodly price I had to pay to get the key to my car

I don't usually carry my iPod on my person. My nano chills in my car, and if I'm going to the gym I'll bring my Shuffle ($60) with me. Pretty funny to think that the most expensive thing that I typically have on me is a stupid key.

I feel like my list of carried items is so much less impressive than yours. :-/ :-b
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:27 pm

cell phone (Sanyo Kitana, $50ish after rebates)
work cell phone (Nokia something, free)
wallet (black leather, $20ish) contains cash, debit card, credit cards, best buy reward zone card, license, free haircut punch card, some other junk
car keys
chapstick ($0.99)
fleshlight ($69)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:34 pm

as I get ready to leave in the morning, in my head I verify I have my 'money cellphone car keys badge.'

Money = money clip, pure plastic, I don't carry cash unless I know I'll need it
Cell phone = Moto Razr, free as an upgrade 3 years ago
car keys = came with car
badge = work badge

I travel light. without a flashlight.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby m16a » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:cell phone (Sanyo Kitana, $50ish after rebates)
wallet (black leather, $20ish) contains cash, debit card, credit cards, best buy reward zone card, license, free haircut punch card, some other junk
car keys
chapstick ($0.99)
fleshlight ($69)

Is that a typo, or do you have a $69 flashlight? What kind is it?Or is it not a flashlight, and a fleshlight, something I have no idea about...

bigh0rt wrote:I know you said you're a flashlight collector, but you carry 3 on you at all (most) times? X-I That, or I'm reading this thread wrong...

Nope, you got it right. Though I am more a user than just a collector. I buy them with the intent of using them.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:50 pm

m16a wrote:Nope, you got it right. Though I am more a user than just a collector. I buy them with the intent of using them.

Just wait until he's old enough to buy guns. ;-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:05 pm

m16a wrote:
car keys
chapstick ($0.99)
fleshlight ($69)

Is that a typo, or do you have a $69 flashlight? What kind is it?Or is it not a flashlight, and a fleshlight, something I have no idea about...

How would he know? He accidentally ate it.

Anyhow...

cell phone (Motorola Droid for home & work, $149 after rebate & Borders Rewards perk)
wallet (black leather, $20ish) contains at least $100 cash (I try to stay off credit cards for small purchases/meals under or at $50), credit cards, a few business cards, and rewards cards (i.e. Borders, Best Buy)
packet of gum (usually Orbit or Winterfresh)
car keys
laptop ($2500+, on occasion)

I don't carry much, but sometimes if I need my laptop for the road, I'll take it with me. Problem is, it's an 18 inch widescreen and I'd have to place it in one of my carry-on luggages. The backpack I have for my 17 inch laptop I've had for 5 years is much too snug for that thing. I'll probably buy myself a Netbook for Christmas and take all the essentials. Other than that, I'm out and about without much on me.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:22 pm

m16a wrote:
car keys
chapstick ($0.99)
fleshlight ($69)

bigh0rt wrote:I know you said you're a flashlight collector, but you carry 3 on you at all (most) times? X-I That, or I'm reading this thread wrong...

Nope, you got it right. Though I am more a user than just a collector. I buy them with the intent of using them.

Knowing Dan, it is indeed the Fleshlight. Google it. Maybe you'll add it to your collection. Probably not. Again, remember, this is Dan.

Re: flashlights, does your job necessitate using multiple/specific kinds?
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:53 pm

The Basics
Wallet- standard blak leather, ID, assorted cards, anywhere between 0-150$ish in cash.
Keys
Cell phone (Some Motorola POS)

I sometimes take my laptop to school. Think it cost aroud $1200 a couple years ago.

If I'm going to the bar I take a pack of gum and a condom. Always be prepared!
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:47 am

I HATE having stuff in my pocket....The less I can have, the better.
Usually, I have...

Crackberry Curve - $200
Wallet (Debit card, Drivers, School ID, a few bucks) - Who knows? It's a nice wallet, but it was given to me...
Knife - $75 (recent addition)
Keys - (just a key ring with car and house key on it)
Lip Balm - @$2
Gum - @$1.50

I also have certain places things go. The knife lays at the bottom of my right front pocket and my wallet goes in after it (yes, I keep my wallet in my front pocket...less pain). The lip balm, usually a chapstick of some kind, lays at the bottom of my left pocket, the Crackberry goes in my pocket, front facing my leg (hate cell holsters with a passion). The gum, the slim package kind, goes in front of the cell and then my keys.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to General Talk