Week 12 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 12 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 12 Games Talk

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:16 pm

I've said it a million times before, but why do teams not hire game managers? Coaches just cannot manage the game with all the other stuff they have going on. That was one of the most awful management jobs I've ever seen by LSU there.

They have the ball, down by 2, with 3rd and long on the Ole Miss 40. They have 1 timeout left.

They throw a screen and lose six yards, the guy gets tackled with 26 seconds left, it's now 4th and 26. LSU idiotically let's the clock run all the way down to 9 seconds before calling their last timeout! Then, on 4th and 26 they complete a 45 yard pass down to the 4 yard line with 1 second left. Then they have no idea what to do, they stupidly decide to try and spike the ball and the game ends.

As dumb as trying to spike it with 1 second left was (there's no such thing as a 0 second play), even worse was letting the clock run all the way down to 9 before calling the timeout on the play before.

I just don't get it.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:59 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I've said it a million times before, but why do teams not hire game managers? Coaches just cannot manage the game with all the other stuff they have going on. That was one of the most awful management jobs I've ever seen by LSU there.

They have the ball, down by 2, with 3rd and long on the Ole Miss 40. They have 1 timeout left.

They throw a screen and lose six yards, the guy gets tackled with 26 seconds left, it's now 4th and 26. LSU idiotically let's the clock run all the way down to 9 seconds before calling their last timeout! Then, on 4th and 26 they complete a 45 yard pass down to the 4 yard line with 1 second left. Then they have no idea what to do, they stupidly decide to try and spike the ball and the game ends.

As dumb as trying to spike it with 1 second left was (there's no such thing as a 0 second play), even worse was letting the clock run all the way down to 9 before calling the timeout on the play before.

I just don't get it.

I agree with you that teams probably should hire game managers, but that being said, Les MIles still should have done better with this one. I mean, no matter how much else is going on, the coach, or the QB, or any other player should know to call the timeout. That's a no brainer. As for the spike, that one's different. There's the situation where a game manager could help out.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:29 pm

My favorite part of the Ducks game last night? Late in the 4th quarter, it's 4th and 5 with 31 seconds left, out of nowhere, all the kids in Arizona start jumping over the handrails in preparation to storm the field. It wasn't just a few either, it looked like a wave of red and blue flowing over the handrail filling the sidelines. Then Masoli hits Maehl to convert and with 9 seconds left he hits Dickson in the endzone to tie it up. Amazing.

That still wasn't my favorite part though. My favorite part was when the cameras scanned the sidelines after the 2nd OT. The look of disbelief on the faces of the Arizona fans was priceless....that was my favorite part. At least they got a good view of the Ducks comeback. :-b

Seriously though, why would they be storming the field? Yeah it's big win but it's not like it would have secured Rose Bowl, they still would have had to beat ASU and USC in the coliseum to get to the Rose bowl. Take a note kids, wait till the game is over to storm the field. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:08 pm

Metroid wrote:My favorite part of the Ducks game last night? Late in the 4th quarter, it's 4th and 5 with 31 seconds left, out of nowhere, all the kids in Arizona start jumping over the handrails in preparation to storm the field. It wasn't just a few either, it looked like a wave of red and blue flowing over the handrail filling the sidelines. Then Masoli hits Maehl to convert and with 9 seconds left he hits Dickson in the endzone to tie it up. Amazing.

That still wasn't my favorite part though. My favorite part was when the cameras scanned the sidelines after the 2nd OT. The look of disbelief on the faces of the Arizona fans was priceless....that was my favorite part. At least they got a good view of the Ducks comeback. :-b

Seriously though, why would they be storming the field? Yeah it's big win but it's not like it would have secured Rose Bowl, they still would have had to beat ASU and USC in the coliseum to get to the Rose bowl. Take a note kids, wait till the game is over to storm the field. :-D

Yeah I noticed that as well. I hate the overuse of rushing the field nowadays, so I was happy to see their hopes and dreams crushed right in front of them :-b
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby u_fig_eater » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:51 am

In this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B9kfnJvB6Q Les Miles can be seen instructing his QB to spike the ball (it's at the very end of the clip). The rest of the video is him denying responsibility and basically blaming the quarterback. What a loser!
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:05 am

Free Bagel wrote:
Metroid wrote:My favorite part of the Ducks game last night? Late in the 4th quarter, it's 4th and 5 with 31 seconds left, out of nowhere, all the kids in Arizona start jumping over the handrails in preparation to storm the field. It wasn't just a few either, it looked like a wave of red and blue flowing over the handrail filling the sidelines. Then Masoli hits Maehl to convert and with 9 seconds left he hits Dickson in the endzone to tie it up. Amazing.

Yeah I noticed that as well. I hate the overuse of rushing the field nowadays, so I was happy to see their hopes and dreams crushed right in front of them :-b

Ya, Mon! ;-D :-D :-D :-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:15 am

u_fig_eater wrote:In this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B9kfnJvB6Q Les Miles can be seen instructing his QB to spike the ball (it's at the very end of the clip). The rest of the video is him denying responsibility and basically blaming the quarterback. What a loser!

wow. 8-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Previous

Return to College Football