Lions Not Last In Somthing - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Lions Not Last In Somthing

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lions Not Last In Somthing

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:05 pm

SI poll: Players prefer Lions to Green Bay

Who would you rather play for, the Lions or the Green Bay Packers?

According to this week's Sports Illustrated players poll, it's the Lions -- barely. So winning isn't the only thing after all.

In fact, the Lions beat out three teams when SI asked 296 NFL players, "Which NFL TEAM would you least like to play for?" and 20% said Oakland.

Buffalo was next with 14%, followed closely by Green Bay with 13%, the Lions with 12% and Cleveland with 7%.

So that's four bad teams and the Packers, who were voted the least desirable among players who have been in the league five years or less, with 16% of that vote.

No word on where Brett Favre ranked them
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lions Not Last In Somthing

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:25 am

Im guessing the small market and the weather are the major factors. The weather is not as bad here but its sorta close. And the city is bigger but its way worse lol.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lions Not Last In Somthing

Postby moochman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:31 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Im guessing the small market and the weather are the major factors. The weather is not as bad here but its sorta close. And the city is bigger but its way worse lol.

Agreed. Though I cannot imagine why any player would want to play in Cleveland right now. That team seems openly not to care about the health of its players.
Detroit plays indoors in a great venue, and the areas the player live in is as nice as many other pro-towns.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Detroit Lions