Ruskell to resign as Sehawks' GM - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

Ruskell to resign as Sehawks' GM

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ruskell to resign as Sehawks' GM

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:41 pm

Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ruskell to resign as Sehawks' GM

Postby biju » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Well, I'm just a little torn on this one but for the most part I'm very pleased with this. He did a great job at finding value defensively even with the Cory Redding and Colin Cole whiffs. And the 2009 draft is likely to be looked upon as his best. But ultimately he didn't put together the proper staff and never helped out offensively. Furthermore, he'll always be the guy that let Steve Hutchinson go and signed Shaun Alexander to that ridiculous contract. Clearly this was the exact opposite way it should have gone. After reading exactly what happened with Hutch it's difficult to completely lay blame on him (the poison pill was the real culprit), but regardless Hutch should have been locked up before then.

Now it appears we're a Rooney rule away from getting Holmgren back as the GM. If this is the case I've very excited. Too many people think Holmgren struggled as GM but the guy is one of the smartest minds in football and I doubt anyone could say he wouldn't learn from his mistakes and with the proper focus be one of the best in the business. It clearly helps that he has the respect of the league too.

My single concern is that he doesn't come in and really put the pressure on our current coaching staff. They need a wake up call in a big way, especially Knapp. He's been good in spots and bad in streaks, which isn't a favorable review of his playcalling.

Anyway, I hope the Holmgren talk isn't merely speculation. :-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Ruskell to resign as Sehawks' GM

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:33 pm

biju wrote:Well, I'm just a little torn on this one but for the most part I'm very pleased with this. He did a great job at finding value defensively even with the Cory Redding and Colin Cole whiffs. And the 2009 draft is likely to be looked upon as his best. But ultimately he didn't put together the proper staff and never helped out offensively. Furthermore, he'll always be the guy that let Steve Hutchinson go and signed Shaun Alexander to that ridiculous contract. Clearly this was the exact opposite way it should have gone. After reading exactly what happened with Hutch it's difficult to completely lay blame on him (the poison pill was the real culprit), but regardless Hutch should have been locked up before then.

Now it appears we're a Rooney rule away from getting Holmgren back as the GM. If this is the case I've very excited. Too many people think Holmgren struggled as GM but the guy is one of the smartest minds in football and I doubt anyone could say he wouldn't learn from his mistakes and with the proper focus be one of the best in the business. It clearly helps that he has the respect of the league too.

My single concern is that he doesn't come in and really put the pressure on our current coaching staff. They need a wake up call in a big way, especially Knapp. He's been good in spots and bad in streaks, which isn't a favorable review of his playcalling.

Anyway, I hope the Holmgren talk isn't merely speculation. :-o

I agree about Holmgren. He got the tallet in here that got us to the SB, and Ruskell let it slip away.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Seattle Seahawks