Week 14 GC: Pittsburgh @ Cleveland - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 14 GC: Pittsburgh @ Cleveland

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 14 GC: Pittsburgh @ Cleveland

Postby biju » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:52 pm

KAZTRE wrote:
biju wrote:
KAZTRE wrote:200 points, Yeah it is a return yardage league, but we also have 1point per yard for rushing,passing and receiving which has been fun.
It's easy to look at and tell what you have (if Randy Moss has 93 yards receiving and a touchdown he's got 118,25 pnts for td).

Maybe I'm being really stupid today, but how in the world is that easier? In most leagues the 93 yards would either be 9 or 9.3 and maybe add some catches in their for a point or a half point. The TD is 6.

But what is easy about 93 yards and a TD equaling 118.25 points? That's all wrong...

:-o

Sorry I did not make that clear it is not 118.25 ,it is 93 pnts for the 93 yards 25 pnts for a td which equals 118 pnts. Granted I am new at Fantasy Football but to me most leagues scoring formula does not look right. For instance this weeks QB projections QBS scoring 21 or 25 or 29 that doesn't tell me much, but if you know he gets a point a yard and 25 pnts for a td then a QB who scored 275 probably got
225 yds passing and made 2 td passes. The reason we bumped the TD scoring up is let's say you have a receiver who gets 75 yards a week but never any TD's should he fair better than a guy who only gets 34 yards but has 2 TD receptions a game.

Interesting way to score points. I see benefit in not over-scoring for TDs, but you're heavily overscoring yards for QBs.

At the end of the season good QBs will have 4500+ points plus where your best RBs will have closer to 2500 points. It overvalues the QB position IMO.

But hey, I'm in a league that scores a point per 7 receiving yards, TEs get a point for every 5 yards, and things like number of rush attempts or pass completions get scored. It's a crazy league.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 14 GC: Pittsburgh @ Cleveland

Postby The Lung » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:14 pm

STEELERS...

:-t :-t :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting