Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:30 pm

I gotta get one.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anyone have a Droid?

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:05 pm

Apparently it's so cool you have to double-post when you get one ;-7
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Metroid wrote:I gotta get one.

You'll love it , I promise. The only downside so far is no hulu since apple and Adobe apparently don't like each other.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:20 pm

scottaa1 wrote:

You'll love it , I promise. The only downside so far is no hulu since apple and Adobe apparently don't like each other.

There's going to be a Flash plugin in Android. AT&T can't handle Flash support, which is why it's not on iPhone methinks.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:16 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:

There's going to be a Flash plugin in Android. AT&T can't handle Flash support, which is why it's not on iPhone methinks.

I think you're both right actually - I think it's not "technically" possible on AT&T right now (though I'm not sure) AND many people believe Apple will never support flash because of some sort of feud with Adobe...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:14 pm

This is what it says

Flash Player not available for your device

Apple restricts use of technologies required by products like Flash Player. Until Apple eliminates these restrictions, Adobe cannot provide Flash Player for the iPhone or iPod Touch.

Copyright © 2009 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:37 pm

scottaa1 wrote:This is what it says

Flash Player not available for your device

Apple restricts use of technologies required by products like Flash Player. Until Apple eliminates these restrictions, Adobe cannot provide Flash Player for the iPhone or iPod Touch.

Copyright © 2009 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.

Stupid feuds! This is one of the many facts that is slowly pushing me to a Droid, etc. when my contract is up in 3 months or so...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:16 pm

The idea of an Apple-Adobe feud is vague, I think. The two big reasons why Flash isn't on iPhone is because it'll use up a lot of CPU power and memory and like I said, AT&T can't handle that much data streaming over its network.

However, Apple is notorious for being a closed proprietary ecosystem. That means whatever applications are built by developers for Apple's platforms have to be built using their platform tools and approved by Apple to be circulated (or sold) on their platforms. If you think about it, a developer can bypass Apple's app store and port their videos or games through Flash instead or a site that enables Flash (i.e. Youtube). So, that might be the root of it, really. That's why Android-enabled phones are important because the fact that it's open-source lessens the barriers to develop for it. With the kind of branding and hold of the market Apple has, it'll take a while if Android ever beats out iPhone as a platform.

Whatever the case, I like the Android system. There are still design flaws but the fact I could get a more complete mobile web browsing experience, with access to Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, etc. is more appealing to me than iPhone.

Anyhow, what I'd really love is for a true 4G network in America. :-L
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:52 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:. There are still design flaws but the fact I could get a more complete mobile web browsing experience, with access to Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, etc. is more appealing to me than iPhone.

Youtube works perfectly fine. I haven't tried netflix.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Munboy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:20 am

We went to get a new phone for our daughter last night because she lost her old one.... I drooled over an HTC...Plus they have a buy one smartphone, get the 2nd free deal. VERY VERY tempted. We would have probably got two, but one thing allowed me to put it down and walk out of the store....No 3G coverage in our area and no idea when it's coming. T-mobile sucks.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk