Same old Jets. That's a phrase that I've used way too often in my life.
Tell me about it. Yesterday was not pretty, HOWEVER; we are still alive man! The loss yesterday did not really hinder our playoff hopes because it was not an AFC game.
Jets need the following:
1) Jets NEED
to win out
2) Jacksonville - Must lose one game, They play the pats in New England next weekt. If somehow they win that game they play at Browns
3) Miami - Must lose one game. They play Houston and Pitt. They can definitely lose one, if not both of these games.
Jacksonville and Miami are the only teams ahead of the Jets without being in the playoffs. So if they both lose one we are right in 7th
4) Denver MUST lose one of their next 2 games (At Philly then home vs KC.) We would beat them out due to common opponent's record
5) Baltimore can either lose out and will give us the 5 seed, or if they win out, we will end up the 6th seed. They play @Pittsburgh and then @Oakland
6) If Cinci loses next week to the Chiefs and the Ravens win out, we can end up becoming the 5th seed as well because Cinci will be 9 and 7 and the Ravens will be 10 and 6 with the AFC North title and Cinci could potentially be out of the playoffs.
It really isn't that complicated because each of the teams plays eachother. None of this matters though if the Jets do not take care of their own business against Indy and Cinci.
A win next week and all is forgotten.