Week 15 GC: Chicago @ Baltimore - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 15 GC: Chicago @ Baltimore

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 15 GC: Chicago @ Baltimore

Postby WebHamster » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:30 am

;-7
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Week 15 GC: Chicago @ Baltimore

Postby Bronco_7 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:35 pm

Man, Jay Cutler has to be the second worst starting QB in the league after Brady Quinn, and it might be a stretch to say that Quinn is worse!!! How bad do you think the Bears would like a do over on that Cutler deal. Too funny!!!

Maybe they could swap him for Jamarcus Russel??!!!
Sig GoodStash

12 team
QBs Roethlisberger, Kapernik
RBs Doug Martin, D Thomas, Bryce Brown
WRs C Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Garcon
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby doublej73 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:45 pm

Enough of this Todd Heap crap!!

Rice, Mason, repeat. That is your game plan!
doublej73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mattb47 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:07 pm

Bronco_7 wrote:Man, Jay Cutler has to be the second worst starting QB in the league after Brady Quinn, and it might be a stretch to say that Quinn is worse!!! How bad do you think the Bears would like a do over on that Cutler deal. Too funny!!!

Umm...not even close.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Bronco_7 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:58 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Bronco_7 wrote:Man, Jay Cutler has to be the second worst starting QB in the league after Brady Quinn, and it might be a stretch to say that Quinn is worse!!! How bad do you think the Bears would like a do over on that Cutler deal. Too funny!!!

Umm...not even close.

OK Jason Campbell and Jake Delhomme (if he is still the starter) MIGHT be worse. I would be hard pressed to say that Campbell is worse though based on his play of late. So I would say Delhomme is worse if he is still the starter, and Bulger if you want to throw him in there as a starter still.

Who else would you say is worse than Cutler when you say it is not even close???? Cutler makes terrible decisions.
Sig GoodStash

12 team
QBs Roethlisberger, Kapernik
RBs Doug Martin, D Thomas, Bryce Brown
WRs C Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Garcon
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby steakhead » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:56 pm

Rice, 87 yards. I left during the first half and he had 70+ then.
steakhead
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:01 am

Cutler doesn't make the best decisions all the time but he's nowhere near the worst QB in the league...he showed that without much debate last season. Supporting cast is HUGE for young QBs...do you think Philip Rivers would have developed like he did without guys like LT, Gates, V-Jax, and all those other tall receivers he has to throw to? You know who Cutler has to throw to? Hester (5'11"), Earl Bennett (6'0"), Johnny Knox (6'0"), Rashied Davis (5'9") and Devin Aromashodu (6'2"). Olsen is the only one with ANY height at 6'5" but no one near the height of Rivers' targets. Ever wonder why Cutler throws so many red zone INTs? How many decent red zone threats does he have to throw to?

Who do I think is worse than Cutler as an overall QB at this point in their careers? (Which to me means if all these guys had EXACTLY the same things to work with, who would perform better than whom):
I'd take him over these guys without question: Kyle Orton, David Garrard, Jason Campbell, Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Cassel, Chad Henne, Mark Sanchez, Matt Stafford, Marc Bulger, Josh Freeman, Ryan Fitzpatrick, JaMarcus Russell/Charlie Frye, Alex Smith and Brady Quinn. And I would PROBABLY take him over Vince Young as well.

You can make an argument for some of them but a lot of some of these guys' success is situation, style of offense, supporting cast, etc...so it's difficult to say for sure. But for me personally, I would take him over those guys as we've seen the kind of success he can have when he's got weapons around him and as he matures, he'll continue to get better as far as making good choices goes.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting