Week 15 GC: Green Bay @ Pittsburgh - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 15 GC: Green Bay @ Pittsburgh

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 15 GC: Green Bay @ Pittsburgh

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:36 pm

The Lung wrote:It was a thrilling victory but to be honest at this point I'd rather a higher draft pick. :-?

I hear ya on that. I worry that Cleveland may be blowing their outside chance an getting Suh by continuing to win. :-[
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KeithJ » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:40 pm

Metroid wrote:
The Lung wrote:It was a thrilling victory but to be honest at this point I'd rather a higher draft pick. :-?

I hear ya on that. I worry that Cleveland may be blowing their outside chance an getting Suh by continuing to win. :-[

Try being a Bears fan. They do that every season. As soon as they are eliminated from the playoffs, it seems they usually start playing some of their best ball (although this year they are still really playing bad but its not like we have any draft picks this year anyway). :(
KeithJ
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:44 pm

KeithJ wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Try being a Bears fan. They do that every season. As soon as they are eliminated from the playoffs, it seems they usually start playing some of their best ball (although this year they are still really playing bad but its not like we have any draft picks this year anyway). :(

Yeah at least Cleveland usually sucks all the way to the end. :-B

Holy Crap 503 yards for Double Bacon Rothlessburger! I've been out of the house all day with the family and didn't watch any football....man that's some insane yardage! 8-o
Metroid

Postby steakhead » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:54 pm

Thanks Green Bay D for sucking it up so bad. Pitt's offense has been bad for how many weeks and you let Ben throw for 500
steakhead
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:48 pm

steakhead wrote:Thanks Green Bay D for sucking it up so bad. Pitt's offense has been bad for how many weeks and you let Ben throw for 500

Steelers always play to the level of their opponent...if only Green Bay sucked, then Big Ben would have played terrible to compensate. :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Members Only Jackets » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:11 am

why? we have a LEGIT shot, man....also, a better draft slot doesn't guarantee anything(How much better of a pick would we get anyway)--good drafts usually happen in the later rounds (Mike Wallace for example...HInes Ward in rnd 3 in 98 --as well as many thru the years)

And it's a pride thing now as well as carrying over to next season....
...sleep with one eye open
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:51 am

Members Only Jackets wrote:

why? we have a LEGIT shot, man....also, a better draft slot doesn't guarantee anything(How much better of a pick would we get anyway)--good drafts usually happen in the later rounds (Mike Wallace for example...HInes Ward in rnd 3 in 98 --as well as many thru the years)

And it's a pride thing now as well as carrying over to next season....

Obviously top talent can be had in later rounds, but you can't dismiss the chance at top talent with an early pick as meaningless.
Metroid

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:01 am

I couldn't care less that that win may have cost the Steelers a higher draft pick when they need a miracle to make the playoffs. THAT WAS ****ING EPIC! ;-D ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Munboy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:43 pm

What???

No, really....WHAT? Are some of you wishing they would lose????

No no no....I read that wrong....surely...

Give me the effin win any day baby! Especially when there's still a playoff shot. Even if there's no chance at the playoffs, give me that win! I'll take a win over a few draft slots a billion out of a billion and one times. Come on, you guys really wanted them to lose 6 straight? 7? 8? Just to jump up the draft board and pay millions extra for some guy when the Steelers usually have no problems finding good talent late in the 1st and later in the draft?

You guys should kneel at your terrible towel and cry for forgiveness from the Steeler Nation. :-b
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Munboy wrote:What???

No, really....WHAT? Are some of you wishing they would lose????

Yes.

Yes, really........I absolutely am wishing for the Steelers to lose.
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting