Bowl Talk! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Bowl Talk!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bowl Talk!

Postby Metroid » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:20 pm

The Lung wrote:Is it just me or has this Ole Miss - OSU Cotton Bowl been brutal? Other than McCluster's big run, the offenses have just been sloppy, undisciplined and ineffective. :-t

Yeah totally, I actually changed the channel because it was boring me. Started watching Dirty Jobs instead. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Metroid wrote:
The Lung wrote:Is it just me or has this Ole Miss - OSU Cotton Bowl been brutal? Other than McCluster's big run, the offenses have just been sloppy, undisciplined and ineffective. :-t

Yeah totally, I actually changed the channel because it was boring me. Started watching Dirty Jobs instead. :-B

That's hilarious! Two posts that 1) echo my sentiments exactly, and 2) are exactly what I did (watched Dirty Jobs instead).

That was an ugly, ugly game. 12 turnovers? Really? :-P
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:36 am

A little late, but how bout them Mizzou Tigers and their "throw the ball to Danario Alexander every play even though Navy only has four men in the box" offense and their truly pathetic defense? :-P
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby knapplc » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Missouri didn't seem interested in playing Navy at all. They seemed like they were still pissed that ISU got the better bowl selection, and didn't show up to play.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:45 pm

So Kirk and Musberger don't even mention that the guy just picked the ball off 20 yards downfield on 4th down. Knock it down man.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Man Lee Corso really needs to retire, it's just painful to watch him do any sort of analysis anymore. He's been getting worse and worse, and tonight he looks completely lost.
Metroid

Postby The Lung » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Metroid wrote:Man Lee Corso really needs to retire, it's just painful to watch him do any sort of analysis anymore. He's been getting worse and worse, and tonight he looks completely lost.

Corso wasn't so bad last year, but this year he's been positively awful. It's sad when people get old and confused and Alzheimerish. I think it's especially depressing how they keep putting Dick Clark on TV on New Year's Eve after his stroke. It bums me out so much that I change the channel.

For Gameday next year they should just have Corso come out at the end with a mascot uniform on. Honestly I don't want to hear him try to give football analysis anymore.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:54 pm

Corso had a stroke in May, if you remember. He's clearly not 100%. I agree that he needs to retire.

It's too bad McCoy got hurt. I'm 75% sure Alabama would have still won, but it's harder to say that now.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:08 pm

The Lung wrote:
Metroid wrote:Man Lee Corso really needs to retire, it's just painful to watch him do any sort of analysis anymore. He's been getting worse and worse, and tonight he looks completely lost.

Corso wasn't so bad last year, but this year he's been positively awful. It's sad when people get old and confused and Alzheimerish. I think it's especially depressing how they keep putting Dick Clark on TV on New Year's Eve after his stroke. It bums me out so much that I change the channel.

For Gameday next year they should just have Corso come out at the end with a mascot uniform on. Honestly I don't want to hear him try to give football analysis anymore.

Totally agree, I mean he's pretty much a mascot for Gameday anyway. :-D

Seriously though it is sad, I know exactly what that looks like, I watched my dad's alertness slowly disappear. Some days he was sharp as a whip others it was like he was he just checked out, and he was always worse at night. I know overall Corso has been off as far as analysis, but tonight it kinda looked like his blood sugar was really low with the slurring speech and glossed over eyes. My dad got like that a lot, I'd put a couple spoonfuls of sugar in a class of Pepsi and he'd snap out of it pretty quick though.

knapplc wrote:Corso had a stroke in May, if you remember. He's clearly not 100%. I agree that he needs to retire.

It's too bad McCoy got hurt. I'm 75% sure Alabama would have still won, but it's harder to say that now.

I don't remember hearing that he had a stroke. That would explain a lot. I still haven't seen him look as off as he is tonight. Regardless of what is causing him to look "checked out" he needs to hang it up. I just feel bad watching him, and I know Desmond Howard is probably just uncomfortable and doesn't know how to react to him, but watching Desmond laugh every time Corso stumbles over his words bothers me too.
Metroid

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:19 pm

Corso stroke story

They didn't back away from this story, but they didn't exactly publicize it much, either. And it didn't stay in the news very long, so if you weren't paying attention you could easily have missed it.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football