Cleveland WRs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cleveland WRs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:16 am

The week that Mike Tice guaranteed Onterrio Smith would have 100+ yards against Atlanta I started Smith and Moe Williams... It worked out OK for me...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:43 pm

M_Zimm wrote:I don't know why but for some reason I feel safer starting two Cleveland WRs thatn one and Joe Jureicious. I don't have trust in him yet since he just got the starting spot. I don't think I am going to start James Jackson because I don't think that he will do much against the Steelers D. Their rush D is better than their pass. I think I will bite the bullett. I may drop Moriss though to get Morgan.

I've been thinking of starting Joe Jurevicius myself. His size presents a matchup challenge for the Giants' corners, and even though Keenan is the #1, you may see more of JJ as the across the middle, possession receiver. It's a lot of guesswork, but a home game against the Giants' secondary lessens the risk.

Friendliness: %

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:45 pm

Anonymous wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:I don't know why but for some reason I feel safer starting two Cleveland WRs thatn one and Joe Jureicious. I don't have trust in him yet since he just got the starting spot. I don't think I am going to start James Jackson because I don't think that he will do much against the Steelers D. Their rush D is better than their pass. I think I will bite the bullett. I may drop Moriss though to get Morgan.

I've been thinking of starting Joe Jurevicius myself. His size presents a matchup challenge for the Giants' corners, and even though Keenan is the #1, you may see more of JJ as the across the middle, possession receiver. It's a lot of guesswork, but a home game against the Giants' secondary lessens the risk.

The Bucs have sucked at home, this year...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:51 pm

I am flirting with the idea of getting and starting Morgan. He had a great game last week and was highly regarded coming into the season. He is a deep threat and that is what the Steelers have been vulnerable to. Northcutt is more of a possesion receiver at this point. Go with Morgan.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:52 pm

You think Morgan over Davis? I have Andre at this point and Morgan is still a FA. If I should get him, who do I drop?:
QB McNair, Hasselbeck, Brooks
RB Portis, Henry, WGreen, Hambrick, SMorris, RJohnson, JJackson
WR Harrison, Robinson, AJohnson, KyJohnson, Warrick, Andre Davis
PK Gary Anderson
D/ST Miami
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:17 am

No no, I mean Morgan over Northcutt, I would start Davis over both of them. If you want to grab a player, dump MeShawn since he is gone.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Go Vikes » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:56 am

Is Ky johnsonson Meshawn? Drop him.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:12 am

Yea, I dropped ky Johnson. I just forgot to update my roster information. Here is my current one:
QB McNair, Hasselbeck, Brooks
RB Portis, Henry, WGreen, Hambrick, RJohnson, JJackson
WR Harrison, Robinson, AJohnson, Morgan, Warrick, Andre Davis
PK Gary Anderson
D/ST Miami
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TTTBone » Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:51 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:You know, Zimm, I was thinking about this earlier... The strategy of starting two WR's on the same team... If they've got a good passing game, you almost guarantee yourself a good day out of one of them, right?

Yea, well I started Toomer and Hilliard against Atlanta. Money, right? Those guys killed me.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Ronald » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:27 pm

Unless you're in a keeper league and want to keep him, I would drop William Green. He's done for the year.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. - John Wooden
Ronald
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk