Christmas Spirits - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Christmas Spirits

Moderator: Football Moderators

Christmas Spirits

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:40 pm

I put my travel plans back by a day due to weather and while I was sitting around the house today I decided I hadn't spent enough on Xmas yet and wouldn't it be nice to grab a good bottle of wine for my sis and bro-in-law, since after all they're hosting and feeding me over the holiday. Bro-in-law is kind of a 'wine snob', right down to having a cellar, so I spent over $40 on a bottle. I know in the grand scheme of wine that's relatively cheap, but hey I'm a cheap relative :-B

Got home from the store and made myself an egg nog and rum and then figured I should wrap the bottle and low and behold, it hadn't made it home with me. 8-o

I called the store, told them what happened, that I'd used a self check-out lane, and that it was either there at the lane or in a cart in the parking lot. They looked and didn't find anything. And I didn't have the receipt. Fortunately, the customer service guy Derrick looked up my purchase through my Kroger Plus card and saw what I'd bought and told me to go grab another bottle of it and sent me on my way.

So Kudos to Derrick and Kroger for the holiday generosity. And to whomever made off with a bottle of wine they didn't buy... BOOO! I hope Santa skips your house.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Christmas Spirits

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:52 pm

That's so awesome man. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:19 am

scottaa1 wrote: And to whomever made off with a bottle of wine they didn't buy... BOOO! I hope Santa skips your house.

Nice story scooter, and I'm happy you made out okay on the deal, but why the hate for whomever found your bottle? If you left it lying around they might have figured it was just an unintentional Christmas gift - I don't drink wine either but I would have taken it with a thank you had it been me to find it. :-B
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:03 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
scottaa1 wrote: And to whomever made off with a bottle of wine they didn't buy... BOOO! I hope Santa skips your house.

Nice story scooter, and I'm happy you made out okay on the deal, but why the hate for whomever found your bottle? If you left it lying around they might have figured it was just an unintentional Christmas gift - I don't drink wine either but I would have taken it with a thank you had it been me to find it. :-B

yeah, reminds me of the time i went tailgating at a U of M game...we didnt have tickets to the game so we were just hanging out after the game started...i walked a few rows of cars over to take a leak and found a full untapped keg just laying around...it was Natty Light (or Ice?) but we still took it :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:45 pm

Wow, that's an awesome story man!
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby joejlitz » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:07 pm

Very nice for you, Scott. My wife had a similar story. She went to Express and bought a bunch of things. We went to Philly (from NC) only to find out that a $45 shirt didn't make it into her bag. We went to a different Express in a different state and told the sales-dude what happened. My wife DID have her receipt but no proof that the clerk didn't give her the shirt.

"Get get yourself another one," he said.

"And that," I said, "is why we shop here."

Not to mention they have some great clothes and lots of coupons.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby lmcjaho » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:53 pm

joejlitz wrote:Very nice for you, Scott. My wife had a similar story. She went to Express and bought a bunch of things. We went to Philly (from NC) only to find out that a $45 shirt didn't make it into her bag. We went to a different Express in a different state and told the sales-dude what happened. My wife DID have her receipt but no proof that the clerk didn't give her the shirt.

"Get get yourself another one," he said.

"And that," I said, "is why we shop here."

Wow, that's some great feedback for the company in question - other than the fact that it leaves them open to abuse from dishonest customers of course. It's nice to hear that some places still believe in customer service. ;-D
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby The Lung » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:05 am

I stopped shopping at Express for Men (formerly Structure) when they stopped carrying men's pants greater than waist size 36. I asked the manager and she said it was corporate wide - no pants greater than 36 because that is not their target demographic. I'm like "HELLO - I'm a 38 waist - that isn't even that fat!" :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:29 pm

The Lung wrote:I stopped shopping at Express for Men (formerly Structure) when they stopped carrying men's pants greater than waist size 36. I asked the manager and she said it was corporate wide - no pants greater than 36 because that is not their target demographic. I'm like "HELLO - I'm a 38 waist - that isn't even that fat!" :-t

I'm a 37-38 too, I guess they wouldn't need my money either.

Oh well, not like I spend much $$ on clothes anyway.
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:17 pm

The Lung wrote:I stopped shopping at Express for Men (formerly Structure) when they stopped carrying men's pants greater than waist size 36. I asked the manager and she said it was corporate wide - no pants greater than 36 because that is not their target demographic. I'm like "HELLO - I'm a 38 waist - that isn't even that fat!" :-t

somehow i manage to squeeze into a size 36 Levi's 569's, but i'm probably closer to a 38-40 in most other styles :-b

i know one time i tried on a XL shirt at Aeropostale and had no luck and they said they didnt carry XXL so i scratched that off my list

the funniest was when i tried on a "large" shirt in Japan...i couldnt even get both arms in it :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to General Talk