#6 and #14 and the O-line - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

#6 and #14 and the O-line

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: #6 and #14 and the O-line

Postby biju » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:57 am

Well, hindsight is 20/20 and it appears the Seahawks' brass really had a good bead on what the other teams were going to do. We were able to fill two of our greatest needs with the first two picks. (Looking back on how I thought the first 6 would go I've got to be a little impressed with myself too.) ;-D

The Seahawks now are probably on the path to go grab a DT in Linval Joseph or Brian Price. I could see Lamarr Houston too. What I don't like is that Carroll came into the draft saying we need to grab an LT, DT and S. Can you guys maybe *not* tell everyone that? I mean, it might have worked for the first and second picks, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows what's about to happen tonight. And that means people will pay to jump ahead of us if they have someone they like in mind.

Anyway, I'm excited now. I was nervous yesterday but it's all gravy from here down... :-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: #6 and #14 and th#4

Postby DemonDeacon » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:11 pm

it also sounded like both the chargers and eagles were scared we might draft either matthews or graham as they both jumped in front of us. I think that we got a little bit lucky but better lucky than good :) i know everyone is scared off off sergio kindle right now but i think hes a guy who IF he falls to us we gotta snag him. It'll be fun. On the flip side as much as i hate to say it, i think the 49ers drafted awesome as well... Frank Gore just got hooked up and Alex Smith is gona have some time to throw to Crabtree/Ginn. I hate to say it but watch out for San Fran

EDIT: I loved the Earl Thomas pick but i thought we'd might draft Morgan or Bryant at 14. Glad we passed on Bryant.
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 18)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:18 am

Loving (or at least liking in Tate's case) all three picks so far ;-D

Anyone feeling some Jonathan Dwyer coming up here at pick No. 104? I would be a pretty happy camper at that point, but I have to admit it's all gravy already as far as I'm concerned ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DemonDeacon » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:17 pm

no need for dwyer we get LenWhale AND Leon Washington!!! God im loving this new regime already :)
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 18)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:15 pm

DemonDeacon wrote:no need for dwyer we get LenWhale AND Leon Washington!!! God im loving this new regime already :)

For me, I'd rather have Dwyer, but I can't say I'm too upset - here's to hoping Pete can get his old homeboy back in line to augment the little guys ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Honestly I'm not sure this draft could have gone much better for us. We filled in our needs very nicely without reaching for anyone.

6: Russell Okung - LT - Obviously has huge shoes to fill stepping in for future HoF Walter Jones, but we really couldn't have asked for a better person to take his place. This was a great pick on someone who fell too far even at #6 overall.

14: Earl Thomas - SS - A big need for us after the Brian Russell debacle and then letting Deon Grant go before the draft. Another huge area of need and another player who slipped a bit further than most expected.

60: Golden Tate - WR - Here's where things get a little crazy. We obviously dropped back 20 in the Whitehurst deal and I'm sure nobody expected Tate down here. After doing a lot of research I've come to the conclusion that this isn't a bad pick, but rather makes the Deon Butler pick seem weak.

111: Walter Thurmond - CB - Most NFL talent evaluators had a 2-3 round grade on him before he blew out his ACL, MCL and PCL in game 4 in 2009. But he's on track with his recovery and will certainly add value. This is a big steal for us and makes up for the 3rd Ruskell blew for us.

127: E.J. Wilson - DE - This one might be a little more pre-draft buzz than actual achievement, but then again we're now in the late 4th and it's time to take chances. With the departure of Darryl Tapp and the retirement of Patrick Kerney, we needed some depth here. My concern is we suddenly have very young ends with not a ton of experience.

133: Kam Chancellor - FS - This is another great late pick that is a slower, less talented version of Taylor Mays. At 6' 3" and 231 lbs he will certainly still strike fear into players going over the middle and has good enough instincts to play in the box.

185: Anothony McCoy - TE - Well, the kid was derailed by weed. Most teams had a 3-4 round grade on him until his off the field issues came up. Although we're really deep at TE I can't help but think this is going to be a great pick a couple years down the line.

236: Dexter Davis - DE - More depth at DE.

245: Jameson Konz - TE - TE/WR/Special Teams depth.

Now add in that we acquired depth at DT as well as Leon Washington and LenDale White in exchange for very, very little and I think we've got ourselves a very good draft.

My only wish is that we had waited on Whitehurst for a draft day trade. Pete Carroll and John Schneider we're on FIRE during the draft and probably could have gooten Charlie for a day old KFC Double Down.

:-D

Anyway, GO SEAHAWKS!!! One hell of a way to come back to the NFL Pete!
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Seattle Seahawks