CALLING ALL LION FANS! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CALLING ALL LION FANS!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sloopyseconds » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:04 pm

i'd be surprized if there was a lions fan who actually liked football, not just that lived in detroit. i mean, barry sanders was great, otherwise not too much to shout about...
Sloopyseconds
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:25 am

Sloopyseconds wrote:i'd be surprized if there was a lions fan who actually liked football, not just that lived in detroit. i mean, barry sanders was great, otherwise not too much to shout about...

Do you get far enough away from Bourbon Street long enough to get football. It is simply the best sport in all the land! Not only do we have fans that will faithfully watch Lions' football, but they fill the stadium every game. And we all know it's years before we can turn this disaster around. But it's football! It's blood, guts, and passion. It's football!
And Zimm fret not, the Lions can't run on you, nor can they stop you.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:20 am

I wouldn't go say that there are no Lions fans. Lions fans are pretty loyal considering that there are still true fans like Moochman who have been with the franchise throught thin and thick, well maybe there was never a "thick" but still. At least us Vikings, Packers, and Bears fans have ahad good teams in recent years. Any true Lions fan has had to bear through a long time of being terrible. At least the rest of the NFC north division has had at least one good year in the last five to give their fans a reaseon to cheer. I personally don't mind the Liosn. I feel bad for them. I wish Barry wouldn't have retired. I can't stand seeing Emmitt being the best RB in history and the Lions at least would be fun to watch with him.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:27 am

Zimm, I have to take issue with that statement. My grandpappy recollects when the Lions were one game away from the superbowl. Way back in nineteen hundred and ninety-one! They went to the division finals, losing, and the memory fades here, by something like 742-14! :~( Oh well, Mariucci will right the ship and maybe we'll win as many superbowls as the Vikes ;-D

Friendliness: %

Postby Go Vikes » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:51 am

I thought I heard once that the Lions really likes O. Smith. We could trade him to them for........ wait the lions dont got anyone THAT good. Besides Rogers and possibly harrington.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 4Pack » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:56 am

The Lions fan have not had a hell of alot too cheer about in the past decade. A couple years ago...I believe it was the same season that the Bears had maybe the luckiest 13-3 season that a team could have...the Lions were in almost every single game and lost quite a few games in the closing minutes. The Bears caught every single break possible during the course of that season while the Lions had every "bounce" go the other teams way.

Mooch will turn that program around. Guaranteed! Too bad Sanders will not be around too enjoy it. Damn shame that he was never able too play in a SB. And I still will not acknowledge that Smith is the NFL's all time leading rusher. He earned it...but achieved it by default. He would be in Sanders rear view mirror right now and falling further back.
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:39 pm

moochman wrote:
Sloopyseconds wrote: Not only do we have fans that will faithfully watch Lions' football, but they fill the stadium every game. And we all know it's years before we can turn this disaster around. But it's football! It's blood, guts, and passion. It's football!
And Zimm fret not, the Lions can't run on you, nor can they stop you.

How can you ever enjoy thanksgiving day.
The Lions game should be played at 10 in the morning that way when you get the vomit reflex feeling from watching you won't puke your delicious T-giving dinner up. ;-D
I'm happy the skins won't be playing this year on T-giving day, so i can enjoy my full bloated belly, mmmm pass the cranberry sauce
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:59 pm

i also keep the bag on even though i have not been in a PB match in a while, losing to the raiders and the chargers is reason enough to cover my head with a grocery bag. if we lose this week i might have to cover the air holes
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby foreverabearsfan » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:21 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:if we lose this week i might have to cover the air holes

amen, i stopped breathing two weeks ago. but i AM proud of my bears for that close game and the 4th quarter drive which looked like a REAL drive for once against the rams.
foreverabearsfan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk