Playoffs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dallas Cowboys

Playoffs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Playoffs

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:57 am

Dallas always craps the bed in December. We hear it every year. This year they set us up with a very tough December schedule and we finally shut the media up.

Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since 1996. They always talk about this the week before the game. Negative thoughts breed negative consequences. Tony handled it well this year in the interviews then shut the media up on the field.

Crushing the Eagles in the final game of the season was huge. Not only did it demoralize them but it gave us home field to do it again yesterday. Very impressed with what I saw. Romo seems more patient and isn't forcing things. The running game is a great mix of 3 guys each wsith different talents. The defense is playing real well except against the pass. Teams can take big chunks of yardage on us in that area which Favre can do.

Next week will be a feat. Minny hasn't been playing all that well except the final game of the season. They still can be deadly with the number of options they have. We should be able to hold ADP somewhat in check and put pressure on the QB. If we give Favre any time he will destroy us. Should be interesting.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Playoffs

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:38 pm

Well we didn't even show up. Losing Adams early hurt us bad. We were moving the ball and protecting Romo just fine with him. Once Adams left it opened us up for a Fumble by Allen. Adams dirtiness and Allens dirtiness would have canceled each other out.

I felt we wouldn't be able to cover the WR's and we couldn't. Rice killed us. Not only did our DB allow him to waltz on in but the other one fell to allow him another. Then the salt in the wound with 2 minutes left Favre throwing for another TD when all the Vikes had to do was run the clock out. If I was that close defender I would have smashed him and taken the penalty and fine.

Good game by the Vikes. They took advantages of our mistakes.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Dallas Cowboys