Pete Carroll leaves USC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Pete Carroll leaves USC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Pete Carroll leaves USC

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:59 am

If there are sanctions imposed on SC, and Carroll has done wrong, he has to feel them too somehow. Whatever sanctions are imposed on SC should live with Carroll too. Meaning if he ever chooses to return to the college ranks to coach, whatever school he returns to will be facing the same sanctions. That will make it much harder for him to find work as a college coach. You shouldn't be able to run from mistakes.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:15 am

Metroid wrote:If there are sanctions imposed on SC, and Carroll has done wrong, he has to feel them too somehow. Whatever sanctions are imposed on SC should live with Carroll too. Meaning if he ever chooses to return to the college ranks to coach, whatever school he returns to will be facing the same sanctions. That will make it much harder for him to find work as a college coach. You shouldn't be able to run from mistakes.

Agreed. 100%
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:24 am

knapplc wrote:
Metroid wrote:If there are sanctions imposed on SC, and Carroll has done wrong, he has to feel them too somehow. Whatever sanctions are imposed on SC should live with Carroll too. Meaning if he ever chooses to return to the college ranks to coach, whatever school he returns to will be facing the same sanctions. That will make it much harder for him to find work as a college coach. You shouldn't be able to run from mistakes.

Agreed. 100%

Either that or a lifetime ban. Depending on the severity of the wrongdoing, a lifetime ban may be to harsh though. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:26 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Sure, maybe 4 losses isn't that bad, but when 2 of them are to unranked teams and the other 2 are by an average of over 30 points, a program like USC needs to be concerned.

Concerned? Sure. Concerned enough to justify their head coach abandoning a program that was still bringing in more highly coveted recruits than they knew what to do with? I'd call that a stretch. I agree that USC had a disappointing season considering what was expected of them. My point is that having one down year doesn't seem like enough justification for Carroll to all of a sudden want to leave USC, where he has been almost nothing but a huge success in terms of winning, for the NFL, where he has a decidedly mixed track record as a head coach. Recruits weren't de-committing in droves because of USC's mediocre season from what I know (correct me if I'm wrong), so I doubt that was his justification for leaving. Unless he felt like he had done everything he wanted to at USC and had been itching to get back to the NFL and prove that he can work there, which is entirely possible, my guess is that something must have been building that would threaten USC's status as a marquee destination for the nation's top recruits.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Previous

Return to College Football