Lane Kiffin to USC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Lane Kiffin to USC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Lane Kiffin to USC

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:29 am

Munboy wrote:Why all the hating on Kiffin? Yeah it sucks he left Tennessee, but I'm sure you all would leave your current job if a better opportunity presented itself. Comparing him to Paterino doesn't make since either. Paterino gave up and abandoned Atlanta mid-season to do what? Take more money at ARK. He ran after the money, Kiffin is running after the opportunity.

Because College expects coaches to stick around longer than the Pros. The NFL can more-easily accept coaches leaving for better money since players do it all the time. And, it's not like iffing had been there for years. Kiffin was in Tenn for 1 year. One. Combine that with his history of negative behavior in Tennessee and Oakland, and you can understand how he deservedly is getting dumped on.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:32 am

Kareighuis wrote:
Munboy wrote:Why all the hating on Kiffin? Yeah it sucks he left Tennessee, but I'm sure you all would leave your current job if a better opportunity presented itself. Comparing him to Paterino doesn't make since either. Paterino gave up and abandoned Atlanta mid-season to do what? Take more money at ARK. He ran after the money, Kiffin is running after the opportunity.

Because College expects coaches to stick around longer than the Pros. The NFL can more-easily accept coaches leaving for better money since players do it all the time. And, it's not like iffing had been there for years. Kiffin was in Tenn for 1 year. One. Combine that with his history of negative behavior in Tennessee and Oakland, and you can understand how he deservedly is getting dumped on.

Blame behavior in Oakland on Al Davis. ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:55 am

Munboy wrote:Blame behavior in Oakland on Al Davis. ;-D

When a skunk's in the sewer, you don't know what's causing the smell. When the skunk gets shiny new digs and the place still smells, you know the skunk stinks.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:22 am

Kareighuis wrote:
Munboy wrote:Blame behavior in Oakland on Al Davis. ;-D

When a skunk's in the sewer, you don't know what's causing the smell. When the skunk gets shiny new digs and the place still smells, you know the skunk stinks.

Exactly.

Personally I'm more disappointed by his lack of commitment to Tennessee than anything else. Sure SC may be his dream job, and yes I would most likely leave my current job if a better one presented itself. That still doesn't make it ok. He made a commitment to Tennessee and bailed on the Vols after one season, they deserved better than that. He brought in a class of recruits, went to their homes and talked to their parents, told them to trust in him and Tennessee, and then he bails. It's just not very cool.

All that said, my biggest gripe with Kiffen going to SC is that Kiffin is going to SC. As a Pac 10 fan, and a Ducks fan I do not like seeing Kiffin at SC. He and his "team" are good at bringing in top talent...SC doesn't need anymore help in that department. And now Norm Chow? Ugh. :-[
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:32 pm

At least he'll be doing it without Norm Chow ;-D

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/n ... id=4825852

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:01 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:At least he'll be doing it without Norm Chow ;-D

Double ;-D ;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:38 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:

Double ;-D ;-D

Yeah that is good news....better news would be if Pete Carroll lured Chow to the Seahawks with him, but I'll take Chow staying with the Bruins over going to the Trojans. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:21 am

Metroid wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:

Double ;-D ;-D

Yeah that is good news....better news would be if Pete Carroll lured Chow to the Seahawks with him, but I'll take Chow staying with the Bruins over going to the Trojans. ;-D

I'm sure you would, although as a college football fan who doesn't have an affiliation with any Pac 10 team, I'd rather see Chow stay at UCLA ;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:07 am

Kifin is a chump. I originally felt bad for him when Davis held out paying him. Now I lost a little respect for him. The kids he recruited are stuck without the guy who made all those promises to them. I would be pissed.

Happy about Chow not going to SUC. UCLA is going to likely suck again anyway. We need him.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Metroid wrote:Sure SC may be his dream job, and yes I would most likely leave my current job if a better one presented itself.

This all I need to read to know that Kiffin is justified in his decision. College football is big business and he has every right to take that job. You can hate on the guy all you want, but anybody who stands on their ivory tower claiming they would turn down their dream job (I fully believe he never thought this job would open up for years) to do "the right thing" is full of it. I feel for the one class of his recruits to an extent. Overall though it's amazing to see someone get bashed for making a decision that pretty much anyone else would make if they were in his shoes.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to College Football