Lane Kiffin to USC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Lane Kiffin to USC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Lane Kiffin to USC

Postby knapplc » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:33 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:This all I need to read to know that Kiffin is justified in his decision. College football is big business and he has every right to take that job. You can hate on the guy all you want, but anybody who stands on their ivory tower claiming they would turn down their dream job (I fully believe he never thought this job would open up for years) to do "the right thing" is full of it. I feel for the one class of his recruits to an extent. Overall though it's amazing to see someone get bashed for making a decision that pretty much anyone else would make if they were in his shoes.

You have a good point, but there's this to consider as well: How much do you trust this guy to be honest? After all the mess he created at Tennessee we have to take his "I'm completely innocent of the disaster at Oakland" stance with a grain of salt. That grain of salt then has to make you wonder - how large is Kiffin's role in the disasters with which he's been affiliated?

I'm inclined first to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's Monte Kiffin's kid, and if you know your Husker history, Monte is well-liked around here. So don't think I'm just casually throwing Lane under the bus here.

The fact is that he's been associated with two straight disasters. It's very hard to consider the past year at TEN anything but a disaster of Lane's making. Now he's at USC... we'll see how that goes. If that turns into a disaster, there's not much defense you can make for the guy.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:43 pm

knapplc wrote:The fact is that he's been associated with two straight disasters. It's very hard to consider the past year at TEN anything but a disaster of Lane's making. Now he's at USC... we'll see how that goes. If that turns into a disaster, there's not much defense you can make for the guy.

I agree completely. If crap hits the fan here, he's obviously the problem as the USC job is arguably college football's best.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:37 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
knapplc wrote:The fact is that he's been associated with two straight disasters. It's very hard to consider the past year at TEN anything but a disaster of Lane's making. Now he's at USC... we'll see how that goes. If that turns into a disaster, there's not much defense you can make for the guy.

I agree completely. If crap hits the fan here, he's obviously the problem as the USC job is arguably college football's best.

The thing is though, he is probably going to get bailed out by the job he just got. USC is quite honestly an easy job to have. You get to play in the Pac 10, which is far easier than the Big 12 or SEC, and as long as you have a somewhat decent season (and not lose 4 games like last year), the pollsters will be all over you, despite the fact that you probably aren't that good. Basically, we won't actually get to find out about Kiffen, because despite him, USC could still be good because it recruits itself.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:06 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:

The thing is though, he is probably going to get bailed out by the job he just got. USC is quite honestly an easy job to have. You get to play in the Pac 10, which is far easier than the Big 12 or SEC, and as long as you have a somewhat decent season (and not lose 4 games like last year), the pollsters will be all over you, despite the fact that you probably aren't that good. Basically, we won't actually get to find out about Kiffen, because despite him, USC could still be good because it recruits itself.

All the more reason for him to take the job then.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:50 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:

All the more reason for him to take the job then.

I suppose so, The USC shine will most likely mask his douchiness. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:40 pm

I heard on the news today that a sewage treatment plant or something of the sort in Tenn. is naming the plant after Lane

http://www.wbir.com/news/watercooler/st ... &catid=141

The Lane Kiffin Sewage Treatment Center :-D ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Previous

Return to College Football