So where are we? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

So where are we?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: So where are we?

Postby nimzox » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Well one thing is for certain....we both want them to become a contender. Who would you like to see them draft in the 1st round mooch? I hope we can get Suh, but if not, I would want McCoy or Berry. A lot of people say that you shouldn't draft a safety with the 2nd overall pick but have you seen this guy play?! He is a big hitter and a dynamic playmaker! If we were to pair him with Delmas, look out! With our 2nd pick, I think we absolutely have to draft an offensive lineman to help protect our franchise QB. To tell you the truth, I would love to see the Lions make some kind of blockbuster trade involving picks from this year and next year to try and move up in the draft and select a more elite offensive lineman. Just some of my thoughts....let me hear what you guys think.
nimzox
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:08 pm

I was thinking of starting a thread on how we would rebuild the Lions sometime soon. I think if we don't trade down for more picks we should take either Suh or McCoy. Not interested in another safety, wonder if taking Berry would be like drafting Roy WIlliams after Chas Rogers. Is Mayhew's legacy going ot be a facination with ancilary players? TE Pettigrew and S Delmas, then now S Berry? Nah, that can't be. We will either try to trade out of the #2 or take one of the DL.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:13 pm

Interested in your take Mooch.

Maualuga report

Does this make our draft a bit better?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby moochman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:32 pm

As the report said, this was not his first alcohol related incident. I think that played a role in why he was not drafted by the Lions. I also think avoiding players with indiscreations in their pasts will insure the Lions are never a championship caliber team. Your goal on draft day must be to get the best talent in needed positions, not to draft choirboys.

I would have loved to see Maualuga in a Lions uni. Remember, he was only driving drunk not caught with cocaine in his car (Wayno) or hammered and naked at a Wendys drive-thru window. Again, Lions hypocracy. Players must be good, coaches can be amoralistic substance abusers.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions