Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: One Hundred Push Ups

Postby Karoz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:26 pm

I'm in the National Guard.

Graduated Army basic back in January.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Update: I decided not to join a gym after all. I bought a pair of push up stands for a few dollars instead. I've been doing between 100-120 pushups daily on them for several months now. I still can't do 100 with good form in one shot. I also do Bicycle Crunches every day. I don't know if this is the absolute best ab exercise but these kill me. I've been in better shape cardio wise before, but as far as mass and definition in the upper body and abs go this is the best shape I've ever been in.

It takes me around 15 min to do this in the morning. It seems to work really well if you just stick with it. It was an easy routine for me to get into.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:16 am

We'll be wrapping up P90X this or early next week and I encourage anyone who's serious about doing a program that isn't boring and works your butt off to get these DVDs. We're going to take a week (maybe 2) off and do it again.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby joejlitz » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:24 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:We'll be wrapping up P90X this or early next week and I encourage anyone who's serious about doing a program that isn't boring and works your butt off to get these DVDs. We're going to take a week (maybe 2) off and do it again.

I would like to try that, but we just bought a Wii Fit.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Wii Fit can be a lot of fun if done as a family or at a party. Santa's beinging the Kinect for XBox this year.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby AllecHayes17 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:10 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:I'm in decent shape. I've been an off-and-on runner (with injuries being the main cause of my breaks) since I was 12. So I've always pretty much always been in good shape in terms of cardio but I don't have a lot of strength training to go with it.

As such, I've been looking for a nice and easy way to get started. I think I found it: One Hundred Push ups. It's a simple 6 week program (3 days a week...Mon, Wed, and Fri) that gradually builds you up to perform 100 push ups in a single set.

My max was 22 when I started.

Here's how I've been doing (started last Wednesday). It's still pretty early but I think I'm seeing good progress.

So far for me it has been a challenge, but a manageable one with the way the program is broken down. If anyone else cares to join in, maybe we could start a Google Doc and track our progress.

I think you are doing great! Upper body strength training has always evaded me. I could never do pullups and always had a rough time with push ups.

I think you are doing very well! I have always had a rough time w upper body strength. I could never do a single pullup and pushups have always been rough.
AllecHayes17
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:01 pm

So far we're enjoying the Kinect, but I can see how it might be like some of the Wii games and we get bored with them after a little while.

The wife and I finished P90X a couple weeks ago and began it again earlier this week. Yesterday was shoulders and arms and was probably the best workout to date. Was able to up my weights and still exceed my goals and really felt it afterward.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Canacuna » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:We'll be wrapping up P90X this or early next week and I encourage anyone who's serious about doing a program that isn't boring and works your butt off to get these DVDs. We're going to take a week (maybe 2) off and do it again.

I started P90X a few months ago and lasted two weeks before having to stop (injury, non-P90X related).

I'm getting married in July and need to get back into shape.

To make sure I stay on track, I signed up for a 10K and a 5K for later this spring, so I got my fat ass off the couch and have started doing a running routine. Thinking of doing the weight-exercises in P90X too... never liked lifting much, but found those DVDs enjoyable. Will be running on the cardio days.

I did the One Hundred Push Ups program a while ago. I completed it... had to retry a week in there at some point, but got though it. Might try doing that, the 200 Sit Ups and the 200 Squats programs too. Then I'll be a beast.

Edit: Just realized I had nothing to really add to the conversation. Oops.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:56 pm

Congrats on getting hitched Cuna!

There's another program out there that's gaining in popularity called The Perfect Punch by Jay Glazer. Thinking about giving it a shot after we're done or bored with P90X. Supposed to be a lot easier on the joints.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Canacuna » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Congrats on getting hitched Cuna!

There's another program out there that's gaining in popularity called The Perfect Punch by Jay Glazer. Thinking about giving it a shot after we're done or bored with P90X. Supposed to be a lot easier on the joints.

Thanks!

Jay Glazer has a fitness program? Interesting. Always up to try new stuff out - except Insanity. Screw Insanity.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk