Bad Luck or Coincidence? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Bad Luck or Coincidence?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bad Luck or Coincidence?

Postby sox 06 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm going into my second semester of college and I can't believe the kind of luck (or coincidence) that haunts me. I have a good situation with a job that is close to my home. When I left for school, which is about an hour and forty five minutes from my house, I stopped working there. I was going to resume working over vacations and during the summer. Not working drove me nuts because I was spending money and not earning any and I love the place where I work so I missed that part of it too. So I began working on the weekends which meant me coming home on Friday afternoons and going back to school Sunday nights. I don't mind the drive and the money, experiences at work, sleeping in my own bed and good food make the trips worth it. However, it seems as though every time I need to drive home or back to school, it snows. Now I don't really mind driving in the snow, but it is certainly a bit nerve-racking. Snow has affected three of my trips so far this winter and I will be driving back to school tomorrow and its suppose to snow all day tomorrow and through the day on Wednesday. Anyone else have something similar always happen to them? Is it just back luck, bad timing or just one big coincidence?
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bad Luck or Coincidence?

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:55 am

Just coincidence, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with, does it?

Sorry you're having trouble. Winter won't last forever, though. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Just a bit of bad fortune, I reckon - sorry to hear about your luck with the weather, but knapp is right, it'll be over before you know it ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:26 pm

I can't wait for winter to be over, but I live in Maine so it can last for a while :-t

It wasn't snowing too bad on my drive up today, but another storm is set to come Sunday night into Monday. However, it looks to be mostly rain ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby houstonherdfan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:14 pm

WEll, I got to drive home from work today with my convertable top down. It was great.

mid 70's for the high today.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:02 pm

I hear ya. I only get to go home once or twice a semester (about a 5 hour drive) and when I do the weather seems to be bad more often than not.

Two years ago I had just finished my last final and left immediately trying to beat an incoming snowstorm. Well I ended up getting stuck (literally) right in the middle of it. Had to spend the night at a hotel by myself (thank god there was a liquor store nearby).

Someone should hurry up and invent a hovercar so I don't have to deal with this snow crap.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby sox 06 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:26 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:I hear ya. I only get to go home once or twice a semester (about a 5 hour drive) and when I do the weather seems to be bad more often than not.

Two years ago I had just finished my last final and left immediately trying to beat an incoming snowstorm. Well I ended up getting stuck (literally) right in the middle of it. Had to spend the night at a hotel by myself (thank god there was a liquor store nearby).

Someone should hurry up and invent a hovercar so I don't have to deal with this snow crap.

One of the times I was driving back up to school there was a storm coming and I checked the weather every five minutes. I thought that by leaving around three that I would make it to school before the storm hit. I hadn't been on the turnpike for more than twenty minutes and I couldn't see a thing. I saw four wrecked cars on the turnpike (one was on its roof and up against the guardrail) and I saw another car slide into the curbing while trying to make a turn once I got into one of the towns before my school. I couldn't see a thing for the whole entire drive and the predicted "light snow showers' turned into about three or four inches of snow. I know thats not a lot, but when you're only expecting some snow showers, it seems a lot worse.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to General Talk