State of the Union 2010 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

State of the Union 2010

Moderator: Football Moderators

State of the Union 2010

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:02 pm

I watch this every year although I'm not sure why. It's the usual load of rhetoric and obligatory applause.

Tonight at 9 EST, I'll be here with a beer on to listen to B.O. tell us about his first year and what he wants to do with his next year.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: State of the Union 2010

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:31 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I've been so busy busting my ass studying, only to bomb my calc test, that I completely forgot all about it. :-[

:-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Metroid wrote:only to bomb my calc test,

Sorry to hear that, man. :-/ Wish there was some way I could help but I'm sure whatever your score was it is far better than what I could have scored.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:24 pm

scottaa1 wrote:I watch this every year although I'm not sure why. It's the usual load of rhetoric and obligatory applause.

Tonight at 9 EST, I'll be here with a beer on to listen to B.O. tell us about his first year and what he wants to do with his next year.

B.O.? For a second there, I thought you meant body odor. :-b

Sorry about your Calc test, Met. Hang in there. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:28 pm

Thanks guys. The good news is I did really well on my cell biology test, so at least I have that. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:42 pm

'slash tax cuts to the companies sending jobs overseas and give those tax cuts to companies keeping jobs here'

I wonder if Sandeep and Abit will be gone when I get to work tomorrow.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:03 am

scottaa1 wrote:I watch this every year although I'm not sure why. It's the usual load of rhetoric and obligatory applause.

I usually try to catch a recap somewhere, because I can not sit through the 3 words....applause....4 more words....applause.....3 words....applause....5 words...applause
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:37 am

dream_017 wrote:

I usually try to catch a recap somewhere, because I can not sit through the 3 words....applause....4 more words....applause.....3 words....applause....5 words...applause

at one point he literally said 'I thought I'd get more applause for that.'

it was a waste of time, per usual. I need to look this thread up next year if I plan to watch it again and convince myself to go read a book.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:18 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

at one point he literally said 'I thought I'd get more applause for that.'

it was a waste of time, per usual. I need to look this thread up next year if I plan to watch it again and convince myself to go read a book.

Yeah, I used to watch every year, then it hit me a couple years ago that I can see everything that I want without the applause breaks. I haven't watched one live since...I will catch parts some years, but then the applause start and I switch the channel
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:25 pm

I'll just be glad in 4 years when I can blow off some other politians SOU speech. At least I hope so anyway.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to General Talk