How's our leader ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

How's our leader ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How's our leader ?

Postby calieigh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:51 am

What kinds of leaders does our society need? For what should they stand and how should they lead?
calieigh
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How's our leader ?

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:38 am

I think they should be good looking and able to handle multiple firearms. ;-7 :-b

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:51 am

calieigh wrote:What kinds of leaders does our society need? For what should they stand and how should they lead?

Incredibly vague question calieigh. :-b

I'll take a stab at it though. A good leader has a balance of many things, but two of them must be that he/she lead by example, yet demand respect. Meaning, they don't insist their followers work hard, while they don't and don't let friendships, feelings, biases, etc. cloud their judgment and decisions. Sincerity is an important word if you desire to lead. People can sniff out someone acting like they care. Sure, you can fake sincerity as well, but eventually people figure you out.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Munboy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:31 am

calieigh wrote:What kinds of leaders does our society need? For what should they stand and how should they lead?

One that does everything right for everyone. :-)
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:29 pm

:-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Good point, steelerfan, good point! ;-)
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby houstonherdfan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:04 am

Shouldn't this be on the political board???? Especially since you put SP there in a pic. No I don't think she should be our pres for you liberals out there.

But I will take stab at the question here.

first our leaders should make our country's security the #1 priority and when I say #1 I mean number 1 over anything else PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If that is not enough exlimation points I can put more there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

There are many ways to do that. I am nothing other than I proffessional in my area of expertice so I don't know the best way to do it but If I was the Pres, I would take the advise of the career spooks, military, and intelegance persons. (that means the professionalls in those areas not the political appointees).

I could go on and on about owing too much money to China, and spending too much money we don't have but won't.

I am a middle class person, not rich not poor, just make a decent wage working my arse off. I see things in the following way:

1. The dems want to give all they can to those who what something for nothing and want to live off the backs of others.

2. the Rebublicans what to give as much as they can to the business people that have most of the money.

so from a practial stand point, I would rather have the business people to be able to run their bussinesses and keep the USA in the positive situation of producing, rather than give all that production to other parts of the world and put all our workers out of work.

before anyone says what about the environment, worker safety, or anything else, I have one thing to say -- if the whole world, ALL countries, are required to meet the exact same requirements in all areas then I would say our requirements are suitible. when The extremists put so many restrictions on our workers and industries here in the USA that most of the rest of the world don't have, then we are at an extreme disadvantage.
All those people who push in the direction of we have to be the leader for the special interests, don't really understand the other countries in this world for the most part don't care about the USA. And thats fine but we need to care more about the USA that they do.

My last point, I am a Conservative, just in case you couldn't tell, My best point I can make for out federal governemnt is that I personnally like it when 1 party is running the executive Branch and the other party runs the legislative branch. Don't care mostly which is which but if one party runs both sides everything gets too out of wack. The best situation IMO is a strong dem pres and a republican congress.

Interanally a republician congress will get some things done but not get too far to the right due to not having a Pres to rubber stamp what they want.

2nd best would be a rep pres with congress dominated by the dems. There are too many people in this country wanting something for nothing and if a REP pres puished back to the congressional stuff put out there would move to far to the left.

If both congress and pres are the same party it moves too muc h one way or the other. My party is more dangeropusd because The Reps are more on the same page. When the dems are in charge of both exectutive and legislative branch, they still can't figure out wher they want to take the country. Good example is the last 12 months.

For all those who do not understand how our federal government was originally set yup hers a little infomation to educate you. The executive Branch was to run the federal govmnt. The legislative branch was set up in 2 seperate parts.

The senate was to set rules that were oriented towards the rights of each individual state. Thats why each state gets equally repersentation in the senate. 2 senators per state regardless of the size of the state.

The house was set to represnt individuals by and set by the number of people in each state and specific districts. This group was to look at thecoutry as a whole and to try to make laws that was good for the country as a whole. The senate was to look towars the individual state and d3ecide laws as was good for thier states. Thats why the senate requires a 60 vote majority for all law passage with the exception of budget items. If from a state presepective its not good for at least 60% its probably not good for the country.

So my rant and education of many is done. I'm out.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby houstonherdfan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:44 am

Well I guess I din't really answer your question with my previous question. so here goes.

The kind of leaders we need are:

Those who do not have a specific set of ideals based on their personal opinions. They should look at what the majority of the country wants and govern for that perspective. There are many perspective on this and many different areas where people think differnently. Thats what this country was founded on, people can differ in their opinions. The majority needs to be listened to by our political leaders. Most of the time those of us that work for a living are ignored by both parties.

The political leaders of our country, both side, are way too mch influenced by special interests of one type or the other. They both need to listen to US.

For what they need to stand for and how to lead? That is a much more opinionated question. I'll address this from my opinion based on our existing political group running th country.

I have no problem with reforming the medical system whitch is Pres Obama main direction. several things though. Our government does not need to run it PERIOD!!!!!!!. Non profit set up of some kind would be fine with me. Requireing everyone to purchese insurance would be ok also as long as all states would be under the same insurance rules and no changes. I can elaberate on this if anyone wants me to - I am a safety professional and dealt with multi state insurance issues. I know what I am talking about in this case. The 2nd point for insurance reform needs to include medical malpractice reform. I am not saying the doc who cuts off the wrong leg doesn't need to pay, but there are way too many friviolous law suits in this area.

I could go on in many areas.

But will say one more thing. We need to allow our military and intellege departments to do whatever is needed to eliminate the threat of terrorist acts agains US citizens or US concernsPERIOD no question IMO. I wou7ld sign off on what ever it took. If I had to chose btween heavan and hell and the choise would allow my fellow citizens to continue to live a and choose a good life then I whould choose to meet the devil and allow many others to not have to make that choise.

my last statement to make is the following:

I am not a fan of Persident Obama. I think he is a good man and a Citizen of the USA. I personnally don't think much of the way he wants to govern our country. That said he is the elected president of our country and do not choose to wish failure for his presidancy, because that means our country fails. I just hope that certain things he wants to put in place fails. I hope we stay the strongest country in the world. I am just worried that President Obama makes us weaker.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby joejlitz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:Shouldn't this be on the political board????

I was gonna leave it here once Brett Favre came on the scene, but since you took this to a whole new level, I'll ask someone to move this to the Political Section.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to General Talk