Signing Day Top 25 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Signing Day Top 25

Moderator: Football Moderators

Signing Day Top 25

Postby Metroid » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:24 am

Glad signing day has passed...now I can stop thinking about college football for a few months. :-B

Here's the top 25 from Rivals

I'm very happy how the Ducks signing day turned out, with RB's Lache Seastrunk, Dontae Williams, and Josh Huff joining LaMichael, Barner, and Alston, that Ducks stable is stocked. Pulling DT Ricky Heimuli out of thin air was HUGE. Loving that. Overall the Ducks did a great job. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Signing Day Top 25

Postby knapplc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm pretty happy with Nebraska's class. We have some real gamers in Corey Cooper, Brion Carnes, LaVonte David and a great sleeper WR in Quincy Enunwa.

One regret is that Owamegbe Odighizuwa went to UCLA in what was, apparently, a pretty close decision. The tipping of the scales had to be academics, because there's no way UCLA's defensive coaches are going to turn Owa into a better player than the Pelini Bros. could. He's a really good kid and I'm sad he's not coming here. But without him, we have a great class. So it's not all bad.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:58 am

I like Michigan's class. It's the lowest ranked we've had since Rodriguez has come in, but this was a year to fill spots of need and I think we did that. Stealing Dorsey from FSU/UF was huge, and all the reports that Florida dropped him and not the other way around are inaccurate at best. Should be an interesting season.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:33 pm

knapplc wrote:One regret is that Owamegbe Odighizuwa went to UCLA in what was, apparently, a pretty close decision. The tipping of the scales had to be academics, because there's no way UCLA's defensive coaches are going to turn Owa into a better player than the Pelini Bros. could. He's a really good kid and I'm sad he's not coming here. But without him, we have a great class. So it's not all bad.

Very happy about stealing him from ya. Finally RN does something with the recruits. I like what he did alot this year. We still won't be a contender but better than last year at least. This could also set the stage for something nice down the line. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:03 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
knapplc wrote:One regret is that Owamegbe Odighizuwa went to UCLA in what was, apparently, a pretty close decision. The tipping of the scales had to be academics, because there's no way UCLA's defensive coaches are going to turn Owa into a better player than the Pelini Bros. could. He's a really good kid and I'm sad he's not coming here. But without him, we have a great class. So it's not all bad.

Very happy about stealing him from ya. Finally RN does something with the recruits. I like what he did alot this year. We still won't be a contender but better than last year at least. This could also set the stage for something nice down the line. ;-D

I'm sure you are since we stole Ricky Heimuli from you guys. :-)
Metroid

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Metroid wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

You have to have more than one move to get onto a UCLA squad that shut out the team that took 2nd in the rose bowl for a half. ;-) :-D Jab...jab...uh oh here comes the Met barrage
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Metroid » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:44 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

You have to have more than one move to get onto a UCLA squad that shut out the team that took 2nd in the rose bowl for a half. ;-) :-D Jab...jab...uh oh here comes the Met barrage

[points to final score board] ;-)
Metroid

Postby knapplc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:51 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:

Question is, will Neuheisel be there to see Odighizuwa graduate? He's never been at an institution longer than four years, and he's on year two at UCLA.

I'm not going to lie to you - OO's a beast, but losing him doesn't diminish our class. It'll be interesting to see him in person when we play you guys in 2012 and 2013.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:01 pm

Looks like we're in on Latwan Anderson now too. We would be a top 10 class if we added another top DB to the fold. Hopefully they can pull him in.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to College Football