Odds for winning the 2011 Superbowl - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Odds for winning the 2011 Superbowl

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Odds for winning the 2011 Superbowl

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:16 pm

wetbeaverlover wrote:Thanks for the insight Matt. As a former corner and defensive back coach I think cromartie is very good. Yes he gets burned and doesn't always make the smartest decisions but he has to learn a little bit from Revis right? My logic for picking the jets is that their biggest competition in getting to the superbowl I believe is san diego and the colts. Both teams pass the ball a lot. And as a former corner no matter how good I was playing, if the DL gave the QB all day to throw it made my job almost impossible. So I think that if the jets can improve their pass rush especially on the side of the ball that they plan on playing cromartie that he will do very well next year.

Definitely the number one need going into the draft, might even be addressed with the signing of Jason Taylor or if the Patsies cut Adalius Thomas, we could see him in Green and White as well.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:29 am

Dawinner127 wrote:
wetbeaverlover wrote:Thanks for the insight Matt. As a former corner and defensive back coach I think cromartie is very good. Yes he gets burned and doesn't always make the smartest decisions but he has to learn a little bit from Revis right? My logic for picking the jets is that their biggest competition in getting to the superbowl I believe is san diego and the colts. Both teams pass the ball a lot. And as a former corner no matter how good I was playing, if the DL gave the QB all day to throw it made my job almost impossible. So I think that if the jets can improve their pass rush especially on the side of the ball that they plan on playing cromartie that he will do very well next year.

Definitely the number one need going into the draft, might even be addressed with the signing of Jason Taylor or if the Patsies cut Adalius Thomas, we could see him in Green and White as well.

I would agree with that idea as well...honestly, even if you have very good CBs, if you don't get a reasonable pass rush you will get beaten in the passing game. Even the best CBs can only play in coverage for so long and not many CBs can truly handle good receivers in straight one on one coverage (Revis being more of the exception there). The Jets need some blitzing firepower and if they get some, they'll definitely be one to be feared.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:30 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:

I would agree with that idea as well...honestly, even if you have very good CBs, if you don't get a reasonable pass rush you will get beaten in the passing game. Even the best CBs can only play in coverage for so long and not many CBs can truly handle good receivers in straight one on one coverage (Revis being more of the exception there). The Jets need some blitzing firepower and if they get some, they'll definitely be one to be feared.

Agreed ;-D Also with Kris Jenkins coming back, that'll definitely help as well.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Previous

Return to Football Talk