Olympic Games - Vancouver - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Olympic Games - Vancouver

Moderator: Football Moderators

Olympic Games - Vancouver

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 am

Opening ceremonies tonight. Snuck up on me! Looking forward to some hockey and ski jumping.
http://www.vancouver2010.com for schedule of events.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Olympic Games - Vancouver

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:58 am

I'm a fan. ;-D

I can't believe there is not one native Oregonian on the Olympic team this year. How is that even possible? :-S
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:22 am

Metroid wrote:I can't believe there is not one native Oregonian on the Olympic team this year. How is that even possible? :-S

Because you don't have an NHL team. You've got to get an NHL team, lure some Canadians down to play for your team then seduce them with your American women so that their kids are American.

American Woman, stay away from me.
Don't come hanging around my door
Don't want to see your shadow no more.

This is what the song is all about.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Yeehaw! I live on Vancouver Island and have been feeling the Olympic buzz for over a year. I don't have any tickets to events (there was a lottery for them), but I am going to be over there quite a bit just taking it all in, and of course getting rowdy at the bars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaYqpBTR3SY

This Coors Light commercial basically sums up my gameplan for the three weeks.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:11 pm

ha nice Coors Light commercial. A coors light sounds pretty good right about now.

Watching the local news. Apparently a member of the Georgian luge team was killed in practice today :,-(
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:09 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Watching the local news. Apparently a member of the Georgian luge team was killed in practice today :,-(

Yikes! Here is a pic taken right before he met his tragic, untimely end - what a terribly sad start to the games :,-(

Stories:

Main story: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1C0SR4.DTL

Reaction of IOC president Rogge: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/winter-olym ... -nxw4.html
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:23 pm

The video is waaay worse than that. I can't find it online but I just saw it on the news. He leaves the track going around 140 km/h and hits a metal pole. Not a good way to kick off the games. :-t
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:29 pm

portisfan24 wrote:The video is waaay worse than that. I can't find it online but I just saw it on the news. He leaves the track going around 140 km/h and hits a metal pole. Not a good way to kick off the games. :-t

Someone post the link when they find it? It sounds like a truly horrible crash, but my interest is peaked and I know the lame-brained news around here won't probably show it.

I just did the math, and 143 k/hr roughly = 90 miles/hour 8-o :-o
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Metroid wrote:I can't believe there is not one native Oregonian on the Olympic team this year. How is that even possible? :-S

Because you don't have an NHL team. You've got to get an NHL team, lure some Canadians down to play for your team then seduce them with your American women so that their kids are American.

American Woman, stay away from me.
Don't come hanging around my door
Don't want to see your shadow no more.

This is what the song is all about.

You're a goof. :-b

I was talking about the team as a whole. I can't believe there isn't a native Oregonian on the snowboarding team. Seriously? :-S
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby eagles21 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:58 pm

eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk