Olympic Games - Vancouver - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Olympic Games - Vancouver

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Olympic Games - Vancouver

Postby knapplc » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:29 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Come on US. Take down those Canadians.

Word ;-D

Yeah right. :-b

Good luck with that.

The Americans have a speedy team but they get slower the more and harder that you hit them.

You say this as if we've never beaten you. Canada ought to win, I'll give you that, but let's not pretend it's a foregone conclusion.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:33 pm

I say US Wins :-) . Seriously, they have a good shot it, Milers' playing better than Luongo right now, and hockey often comes down to the goalies....
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:37 pm

The conclusion, it is foregone.

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:I say US Wins :-) . Seriously, they have a good shot it, Milers' playing better than Luongo right now, and hockey often comes down to the goalies....

Party's over Cinderella.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby knapplc » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:44 pm

The most entertaining part of this is how much the Canadians care. America can't lose here. We win, we get the gold medal, and we forget about it in a week. We lose, we get the silver medal and we forget about it in a day.

This is Canada's Holy Grail (or other similar mythic prize). You guys are all geeked up over this, frothing and whatnot and we're like... meh.

I'll watch just to see what happens, but it's not like it's a sport we care about.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:54 am

knapplc wrote:The most entertaining part of this is how much the Canadians care. America can't lose here. We win, we get the gold medal, and we forget about it in a week. We lose, we get the silver medal and we forget about it in a day.

This is Canada's Holy Grail (or other similar mythic prize). You guys are all geeked up over this, frothing and whatnot and we're like... meh.

I'll watch just to see what happens, but it's not like it's a sport we care about.

Keep telling yourself that Sally.

Did you see the American women accepting their silvers? They looked like they wanted to strangle a kitten. It's not like the thread in the baseball cafe has reached 47 pages. It's not like NBC paid anything to broadcast it. This game means everything to you Americans and if you lose it means that Canada is superior in every way. Don't try to deny it.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:39 am

What game are you guys talking about?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
knapplc wrote:The most entertaining part of this is how much the Canadians care. America can't lose here. We win, we get the gold medal, and we forget about it in a week. We lose, we get the silver medal and we forget about it in a day.

Did you see the American women accepting their silvers? They looked like they wanted to strangle a kitten. It's not like the thread in the baseball cafe has reached 47 pages. It's not like NBC paid anything to broadcast it. This game means everything to you Americans and if you lose it means that Canada is superior in every way. Don't try to deny it.

(940): Canada: barely better than America at a sport they invented.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:09 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

(940): Canada: barely better than America at a sport they invented.

Canada: 1/10th the population.

Come on we can do this all day. It was a great battle and a perfect way to end the Olympics. Props to the USA for their effort all tournament. They were the youngest team there and should fare very well for the next several Olympics.

That being said... Canada for the Goooold!
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:49 pm

portisfan24 wrote:It was a great battle and a perfect way to end the Olympics. Props to the USA for their effort all tournament. They were the youngest team there and should fare very well for the next several Olympics.

Thanks! And the Canadians are worthy champions. They're a heck of a team. Even a Hockey Rook like me can see that. Congratulations. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:02 pm

The Canadians had to win.

The Americans beating Canada with the team we had would be like Canada beating the US Dream team at Olympic basketball with a team of Steve Nash, Samuel Dalembert and a bunch of scrubs. Not that the US team was scrubs but only about 2 of them could have made the Canadian team. So we had to win or else it would have been a national disaster.

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk