Olympic Games - Vancouver - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Olympic Games - Vancouver

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Olympic Games - Vancouver

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:09 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Good analogy though. I agree with you that the US was definately the best team in the Olympics (like the Pats were in 07) but not on Sunday.


You take those 2 teams and play ten times, Canada wins 8. You play that tournament 9 more times and US probably does not make the finals again.

On paper the US was the fourth best team in the tournament maybe the fifth. The US deliberately went for youth and sent the youngest team in the tournament. Fortunately for them the Russians and Sweedes choked.

I give them all the credit in the world, they are super fast and very young, they will be great in a few years. That said, they need some defencemen if they want to compete with Canada. The Canadian roster is stacked with former and future Norris trophy winners and their is nobody on the US blueline. This is the last year for Rafalski and Gleason, Whitney and Orpik have no business playing in the Olympics. They better hope that Suter and Jack Johnson develop into all stars and that Erik Johnson fully recovers from injury.


i could see them putting Chelios on the team in 2014
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Re: Olympic Games - Vancouver

Postby knapplc » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:You take those 2 teams and play ten times, Canada wins 8. You play that tournament 9 more times and US probably does not make the finals again.


I LOLed. :-b
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Olympic Games - Vancouver

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:29 pm

knapplc wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:You take those 2 teams and play ten times, Canada wins 8. You play that tournament 9 more times and US probably does not make the finals again.


I LOLed. :-b


x2 :-b
Image
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8164
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New to the "block"

Re: Olympic Games - Vancouver

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:29 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Good analogy though. I agree with you that the US was definately the best team in the Olympics (like the Pats were in 07) but not on Sunday.


You take those 2 teams and play ten times, Canada wins 8. You play that tournament 9 more times and US probably does not make the finals again.

On paper the US was the fourth best team in the tournament maybe the fifth. The US deliberately went for youth and sent the youngest team in the tournament. Fortunately for them the Russians and Sweedes choked.

I give them all the credit in the world, they are super fast and very young, they will be great in a few years. That said, they need some defencemen if they want to compete with Canada. The Canadian roster is stacked with former and future Norris trophy winners and their is nobody on the US blueline. This is the last year for Rafalski and Gleason, Whitney and Orpik have no business playing in the Olympics. They better hope that Suter and Jack Johnson develop into all stars and that Erik Johnson fully recovers from injury.



Save your breath my friend. Out of all those guys you mentioned the only guy I think I know is Gary Suter. The rest if you told me they wrote classical music I would believe you.

I disagree that Canada would win 8 of 10. The evidence of the teams playing show it being a coin flip and the US even having a slight advantage due to them having to play in hostile territory. I can also care less about talent because heart and will have some weight to. Paper Schmaper. We beat you once and you beat us once. In a 7 game series that means we just took the home ice advantage.
Image
Image
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 3:52 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact