The GM Experience - Create a legacy by effective roster management using rookie drafts, free agent auctions, contract lengths, salary cap issues, player holdouts & franchise tags... It's going to be tough to dominate your peers year after year. Are you ready for the challenge?
* 16 teams, 4 divisions realigned each year to improve league parity.
* 53 man rosters, 8 man taxi squad, IR, etc. built to mimic NFL.
* Salary Caps & variable length contracts for all players on your roster.
* Manage player holdouts & retirements, apply franchise and transition tags to your players.
* 21 starters, balanced between offensive positions and defense for realism.
* The proven, balanced Paragon PPR scoring system.
* 6 team Paragon Playoff structure where only the best teams qualify.
* Annual rookie-only draft occurring soon after the NFL draft.
* Annual Free Agent Auction and blind bidding waivers.
* Sign players off opposing franchises practice squad for a price.
* Holdover of 25% of prize money years 1-4 in order to have double prizes (Super Pool Concept) every 5 years
* Large prize pools with 100% payouts less MFL league fees of $70/yr approx.
Entry is $250 per year, with 50% deposit on year one due at registration. So $375 is due upon signup. As soon as we fill the league, we will randomize to get the rookie draft order started and begin trading picks. Even if this may not be for you, please visit our site and see our other leagues, as we've got both a 16 team annual auction that is much simpler for those in the mood for such, plus 32 team, double NFL player, 53 man roster, 21 starter IDP Dynasty league. Many players are signing up for all three. Both Chris and I will play in all of them, just as we are committed to being players in all Paragon leagues.
Paragon Fantasy Football is a "not for profit" set of leagues with 100% payout after $70 myfantasyleague.com
fees, all money held by Leaguesafe.com so no chance of fraud, and leagues designed not to be 1-3 years and then done. We have five leagues, but the one I wanted to talk about in this post is a new 16 team that is starting up this year. It's going to be an intense, fun league, and I'd suggest that if you read through the rules, testimonials from fellow players, many of which are already signed up in this new league, you'll realize this is exactly the kind of league that can become your "premier" league year in and year out... worthy of the time you invest in this sport. Why play in 4-5 $50 dynasty leagues when you can invest in a $250 league with big prize pools and where all the owners have enough skin in the game to care a lot about their teams and sticking around for the long-haul? Where winning it yields thousands in prize money, not just the leftovers after league fee and a pat on the back. People get invested emotionally in Paragon leagues, which is why we have an incredibly high retention of owners and the pretty universal feeling among people that have played in other leagues that this isn't soulless corporate fantasy football, nor is it the near-free leagues started by high-school students that rise and crash with alarming frequency... but rather, your fantasy home. Come find out why this claim isn't just hype.
Anyway, check out the site, and you can see which teams are available at the top of the rule page.
The rules are well thought out, long, and comprehensive... and well worth reading no matter your interest:
General Site Info With Links To All 5 Leagues: http://www.paragonfantasyfootball.com
I hope I'll have a chance to play with all of you! This is going to be a fun! Every year we fill our leagues early, and end up turning away dozens of players that waited until the Summer to start thinking of next season. If you see this post, do yourself a favor and see if it's for you, and reserve your spot today before all of the remaining teams are gone. We fill leagues earlier than most to give teams the chance to get to know their fellow owners before the draft, and to begin to trade draft picks and set themselves up for success.
Brian Hatch & Chris Kuszelyk
Co-Commissioners and Players (Cardinals & Ravens in this league)firstname.lastname@example.org
Last edited by kurtrudder on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.