32 Team NFL Style Dynasty Draft League
Paragon Fantasy Football is a "not for profit" set of leagues with 100% payout after $70 myfantasyleague.com fees, all money held by Leaguesafe.com so no chance of fraud, and leagues designed not to be 1-3 years and then done. We have five leagues, but the one I wanted to talk about in this post is a new 32 team that is starting up this year. It's going to be an intense, fun league, and I'd suggest that if you read through the rules, testimonials from fellow players, many of which are already signed up in this new league, you'll realize this is exactly the kind of league that can become your "premier" league year in and year out... worthy of the time you invest in this sport. Why play in 4-5 $50 dynasty leagues when you can invest in a $250 league with big prize pools and where all the owners have enough skin in the game to care a lot about their teams and sticking around for the long-haul? Where winning it yields thousands in prize money, not just the leftovers after league fee and a pat on the back. People get invested emotionally in Paragon leagues, which is why we have an incredibly high retention of owners and the pretty universal feeling among people that have played in other leagues that this isn't soulless corporate fantasy football, nor is it the near-free leagues started by high-school students that rise and crash with alarming frequency... but rather, your fantasy home. Come find out why this claim isn't just hype.
* 32 teams, organized into the NFL structure, bearing NFL franchise names.
* 53 man rosters, 8 man taxi squad, IR, etc. built to mimic NFL.
* 21 starters, balanced between offensive positions and defense for realism.
* The proven, balanced Paragon PPR scoring system.
* Playoff structure that mimics the NFL.
* 2 Inaugural drafts for Veterans and Rookies.
* Annual rookie-only draft occurring soon after the NFL draft.
* Annual off season supplemental draft and blind bidding waivers.
* Sign players off opposing franchises practice squad for a price.
* In order to allow for 32 teams yet 53 players and a normal level of starters, there are two copies of each NFL player in the league although you can only own one copy of the player at any time. This adds many extra trading opportunities, strategy around drafts and an increased chance of rostering your favorite players.
* Large prize pools with 100% payouts less MFL league fees of $70/yr approx.
* Designed to last for the long haul with league parity in mind to re-balance each year so the league stays competitive.
* Extra compensatory rookie draft picks, holdover of 25% of prize money years 1-4 in order to have double prizes (Super Pool Concept) every 5 years.
* Start this league with confidence that it will be around for many years to come.
Entry is $250 per year, with 50% deposit on year one due at registration. So $375. Even if this may not be for you, please visit our site and see our other leagues, as we've got both a 16 team annual auction that is much simpler for those in the mood for such, plus at 16 team Dynasty Auction with Contracts/Salary cap league. Many players are signing up for all three. Both Chris and I will play in all of them, just as we are committed to being players in all Paragon leagues.
Anyway, check out the site, and you can see which teams are available at the top of the rule page.
The rules are well thought out, long, and comprehensive... and well worth reading no matter your interest:
General Site Info With Links To All 5 Leagues: http://www.paragonfantasyfootball.com
I hope I'll have a chance to play with all of you! This is going to be a fun! Every year we fill our leagues early, and end up turning away dozens of players that waited until the Summer to start thinking of next season. If you see this post, do yourself a favor and see if it's for you, and reserve your spot today before all of the remaining teams are gone. We fill leagues earlier than most to give teams the chance to get to know their fellow owners before the draft, and to begin to trade draft picks and set themselves up for success.
Brian Hatch & Chris Kuszelyk
Co-Commissioners and Players (Cardinals & Ravens in this league)email@example.com
Last edited by kurtrudder on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.