Grillin' 2010 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Grillin' 2010

Moderator: Football Moderators

Grillin' 2010

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Weber + NY Strip + Old Bay Shrimp + Rosemary Red Potatoes tonight. With beer, of course. Slow start to the grilling season but I/we will make up for it!

Snow and ice out there. Had to shovel the patio clear to cook. BUT got a whole strip section for 4.99/pound, so about 15 steaks for fiddy bucks.

I can't wait for spring.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Grillin' 2010

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Nice.

Could use some grilling ideas for fish. We're currently filleting up nearly a bucket full of crappie and bluegill and know some people like to grill them on some foil. Any recipes would be awesome.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:51 am

I was gonna grill this evening but I took a Benadryl and passed out. :,-(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:20 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Nice.

Could use some grilling ideas for fish. We're currently filleting up nearly a bucket full of crappie and bluegill and know some people like to grill them on some foil. Any recipes would be awesome.

I generally keep it pretty simple with fish. Soy sauce and ginger is a good combination. Personally I like to mix dijon or honey mustard with some horseradish. A friend of mine does generic bbq sauce, soy sauce and seasoning salt and it always turns out good. Good luck!
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:59 am

i was going to grill yesterday but it's still kinda cold and it would have involved going to the store...maybe tonight
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:23 pm

I have been craving ribeyes and burgers and brats and grilled shrimp tacos....

I can see my grill again, and the snow has mostly receded from my back door. This time last year I think I had grilled about ten times already, but this has been a truly epically crappy winter.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:10 pm

knapplc wrote:I have been craving ribeyes and burgers and brats and grilled shrimp tacos....

I can see my grill again, and the snow has mostly receded from my back door. This time last year I think I had grilled about ten times already, but this has been a truly epically crappy winter.

Yeah it has. That's more or less what motivated me to cook outdoors... my personal rebellion against the season :-] It rained all night and all day. If the temps hadn't been above freezing we'd of gotten buried again.

Time change is just a coupla weeks away. That extra hour of daylight in the evening helps the grill potential alot.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:20 pm

broke out the grill for the first time this year...just burgers but it was nice to get out there and get the springtime feel
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:29 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:broke out the grill for the first time this year...just burgers but it was nice to get out there and get the springtime feel

Awesome Dan. Next time I light it up I'm planning to do burgers. Steak and shrimp are great, but there's something about the smell of burgers on the grill.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:27 am

Grilled up some drum sticks with Chaka's tonight. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk