Grillin' 2010 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Grillin' 2010

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Grillin' 2010

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:20 am

scottaa1 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:broke out the grill for the first time this year...just burgers but it was nice to get out there and get the springtime feel

Awesome Dan. Next time I light it up I'm planning to do burgers. Steak and shrimp are great, but there's something about the smell of burgers on the grill.

it appears i angered Winter, because it is in process of dropping 4-8" of snow on us
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:25 pm

I feel bad for you guys. I don't know who has been checking out the Olympics, but as you would have seen it has been absolutely gorgeous here for the last week. I'm about to go play a round of golf (Not that I'm trying to rub it in).
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:41 pm

portisfan24 wrote:I feel bad for you guys. I don't know who has been checking out the Olympics, but as you would have seen it has been absolutely gorgeous here for the last week. I'm about to go play a round of golf (Not that I'm trying to rub it in).

Yep you folks are definintely getting the nice weather to go with your worldly attention. Which is very fitting.

No golf here any time soon. They were talking about celebrity hobbies this morning on the radio, apparently Alice Cooper is a big golfer. He plays 18. Cuz he likes it.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Nice one Scott.

My grill is currently waiting for a new tank of Propane. Last time we used it the gas ran out on us and we had to finish the cooking in the oven...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:33 am

lmcjaho wrote:Nice one Scott.

My grill is currently waiting for a new tank of Propane. Last time we used it the gas ran out on us and we had to finish the cooking in the oven...

charcoal FTW
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:17 am

I've had that happen so many times. Finally broke down and got a second tank.

Dan Lambskin wrote:charcoal FTW

Gas is so convenient, but having used charcoal several times last year it's clear there's just no comparison. Money is really tight right now, but if I could I would buy a charcoal grill. I'm going to have to wait for a while - I just bought this one a couple of years ago.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:28 am

knapplc wrote:

Best thing I did ;-D

Can't wait to get out there again, got in some quick burgers about a month ago.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby knapplc » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:38 am

This week I have brats and grilled pork chops for pitas on the menu. Probably do one of them tomorrow night, the other Thursday. Both evenings are supposed to be pretty darned cold, but I'm getting impatient.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:09 pm

knapplc wrote:

Dan Lambskin wrote:charcoal FTW

Gas is so convenient, but having used charcoal several times last year it's clear there's just no comparison. Money is really tight right now, but if I could I would buy a charcoal grill. I'm going to have to wait for a while - I just bought this one a couple of years ago.

i usually just start my fire using a charcoal chimney and go finish doing any prep work while i'm waiting for the fire...coals are usually ready in 15 minutes...but yeah, no reason to get a new grill if you have a perfectly good one (although i did that last year when i wanted one with an offset smoker :-b )
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:38 pm

knapplc wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:My grill is currently waiting for a new tank of Propane. Last time we used it the gas ran out on us and we had to finish the cooking in the oven...

I had that happen a couple years ago while I was cooking a boat-load of tri-tip for a party. Took foreever to finish everything and it didn't turn out nearly as good. Now I have four tanks (and didn't have to buy any of them (thank you marijuana growers!)): one on my grill, one for the burner I use for making beer, and two backups. I will never be stuck without propane again.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk