Grillin' 2010 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Grillin' 2010

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Grillin' 2010

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Right on man! That sounds good, I'm gonna try that. The sweetness will add a nice balance to the savory fish, green beans, and sausage.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:38 am

We have our work department summer picnic today and I will be the 'griller of ceremonies' ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:33 am

dream_017 wrote:We have our work department summer picnic today and I will be the 'griller of ceremonies' ;-D

Awesome man! I hope you have the weather to go with it.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:04 am

scottaa1 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:We have our work department summer picnic today and I will be the 'griller of ceremonies' ;-D

Awesome man! I hope you have the weather to go with it.

It was actually supposed to be last week, but we had some storms roll through, so it was postponed to this week. It will be about 80 and sunny ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Metroid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:50 am

Din dins last night, on the grill and off. The plated din dins is a little blurry...whatever, you get the idea. Once again, rainbow trout with a little olive oil, soy sauce, Cajun seasoning, rosemary, and lemon. Sweet potato slices with a butter, brown sugar, cinnamon glaze. and fresh steamed green beans with a little garlic seasoning. Oh and a Hefe with lemon. I omitted making the sausages, Shannon discouraged me being a gluttonous piggy. :-B

On the grill:

On the plate:

Ginger stalking my din dins from the tall grass: :-B
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:06 am

That looks awesome met. Is it the soy sauce that gives the trout the brownish color?
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:12 am

I love that you toss a pic of Ginger in there. ;-D :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:18 am

Thanks, it was very awesome! Yeah that would be the soy sauce, I don't put a bunch of it on, just a little. I actually rub the fillets with the olive oil first and then a little soy sauce, the soy sauce ends up sinking in between the flakes and seeping into the meat itself. I usually put everything on the fish and then put it in the fridge for a half hour to an hour before preparing. Then put the fillets skin side down in the cast iron, grill for about 6 minutes or until it starts to flake. It's tricky because it will continue to cook in the skillet for as long as you leave it in the skillet. So two of the fillets were perfect and two were overcooked because I left the other two in the skillet while we ate the first. Even overcooked trout is still really good.

Oh and before you ask, not one bone found in all four fillets just over a pound of trout.

knapplc wrote:I love that you toss a pic of Ginger in there. ;-D :-b

haha! Yeah I took that one of her while I was grilling, she was off in the corner of the yard staring me down. She wanted my foods....she always wants my foods. :-B
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:27 am

You might want to consider dusting off the lawnmower this weekend, Met ;)
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:31 am

scottaa1 wrote:You might want to consider dusting off the lawnmower this weekend, Met ;)

Haha. Yeah I don't mow the back yard. It's just a tiny patch of...weeds pretty much, I just hit it with the weed eater every few weeks. My backyard is 90% deck. We're wanting to do something with that little section but it's tough because of the neighbors HUGE pine tree that kinda covers the area and drops needles there...it seems the only thing that will grow there is weeds. :-B
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk