Grillin' 2010 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Grillin' 2010

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Grillin' 2010

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:29 pm

Still been grillin a bunch just haven't been online as much to mess with pics.

Grilled some chicken wings tonight. Got the whole wing parts, not the drummettes that I usually get, I figured the whole wing section would be easier to handle on the grill. Just rinsed them, dried, tossed in a little oil for sticklessness, grilled. Brushed with the classic Frank's redhot wing sauce (Frank's and butter, in this case, smart balance) while grilling and again afterwards. Very good stuff. I'm gunna have to do this again come November. It'd go great with cool weather and college football :-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:43 am

Yeah grilled hot wings sound awesome, I have some Franks in the fridge too. ;-D

I had ribs again last night...I could have ribs once a week...and actually I think I have been this summer. I was supposed to grill up ribs the night before but things did work out. Had caprese too, man I love that salad, easily my favorite. :-L
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:50 am

Forgot to mention, I made some of that salad too after you posted it last week. Delicious, and even better the next day. ;-D

I'm leaning toward frozen pizza.. drank a few beers last night and stayed up late so I'm not feeling like steve austin today. I should go for a bike ride and then grill a chicken breast.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:02 pm

The salad is better the next day, the dressing has a chance to really adhere to the veggies. ;-D

You should have grilled pizza...oh hell yeah, that's what I'm having tonight. Thanks for the idea. :-)
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:00 pm

I dunno if this quite counts as "grilling" but I did put the ham slices on the grill. :-B

Breakfast with Met: Eggs Benedict/Florentine hybrid with tomatoes and cantalope slices on the side. Served with a nice cup of Joe. :-L

Metroid

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:51 am

Metroid wrote:Yeah grilled hot wings sound awesome, I have some Franks in the fridge too. ;-D

I had ribs again last night...I could have ribs once a week...and actually I think I have been this summer. I was supposed to grill up ribs the night before but things did work out. Had caprese too, man I love that salad, easily my favorite. :-L

:-? i dont think you need to refridgerate Franks (or Tabasco)...at least i dont...now if it's the Wings Sauce and not straigh Franks maybe you do
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:45 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah grilled hot wings sound awesome, I have some Franks in the fridge too. ;-D

:-? i dont think you need to refridgerate Franks (or Tabasco)...at least i dont...now if it's the Wings Sauce and not straigh Franks maybe you do

It is the wings sauce I think, either way it'd end up in my fridge next to the tobasco and soy sauce. Neither of which require refrigeration. I just keep that stuff in there anyway, I like my soy sauce ice cold especially if we're having sushi. ;-D
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:53 pm

ribs today, had to be done. used Stubb's mop sauce while it was on the grill, then stubb's spicy BBQ sauce when it was about done. Fresh corn on the cob from the farmer's market, and picked up a quart of green beans from the Amish. Simmered those with a pork shank and onion, and it was an awesome dinner.

scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Nice. Stubbs is the 2nd best thing you can put on ribs after Chaka's. :-)
Metroid

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:26 am

Metroid wrote:Nice. Stubbs is the 2nd best thing you can put on ribs after Chaka's. :-)

i prefer a dry rub and then hit it with some Uncle Bobs Table Sauce at the end
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk