Grillin' 2010 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Grillin' 2010

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Grillin' 2010

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:10 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Getting in the car now. What's your address? :-D

Earlier today, ordered walleye at this nearby restaurant. Got them and they're basically fish sticks. And I tried to eat one. It definitely wasn't walleye. I politely asked the waitress if she would return them and she knew exactly why. Really, really horrible.

yeah nothing worse than ordering fish and getting fish sticks
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:51 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:

I remember being at a very low-end place while visiting family. my brother in law was going to order the fish and chips. he asked the order taker what kind of fish it was and she just looked at him and said 'fried.' :-S
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:04 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Getting in the car now. What's your address? :-D

Earlier today, ordered walleye at this nearby restaurant. Got them and they're basically fish sticks. And I tried to eat one. It definitely wasn't walleye. I politely asked the waitress if she would return them and she knew exactly why. Really, really horrible.

An a positive note, I vented to a buddy we went out with later that evening, and he turned me onto a nice fish place in town. Supposed to be really great.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:26 pm

Hamburger for lunch today. Basic recipe of ground sirloin with worcestershire, dried minced onion, S&P, and garlic powder mixed in. Topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, and yellow American cheese on a wheat bun ;-D :-L

50 degrees and a clear blue sky today. I love it!
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:15 pm

Stubb's Hickory Bourdon BBQ chicken sandwich for dinner :-L I need to get the flood lights on my patio replaced so I can grill at night. After a few beers and a few hours, I could see myself making another one of these tonight.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:07 pm

i dont have a name for it, but i cubed up some chicken and pork kebab style and marinated it in some garlic, ginger, olive oil, honey, soy and fresh squeezed orange juice. grilled them up along with some peppers and onions and had it over some leftover chinese chicken fried rice and white rice with some peas
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:33 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i dont have a name for it, but i cubed up some chicken and pork kebab style and marinated it in some garlic, ginger, olive oil, honey, soy and fresh squeezed orange juice. grilled them up along with some peppers and onions and had it over some leftover chinese chicken fried rice and white rice with some peas

:-{ not sure what to call that... Perhaps 'Hung Schmal's Hawaiian Foreskin' ? :-)

I munched an inside-out A1 muenster burger for lunch. Rain started around 3 this afternoon, so the chicken is becoming casseroled.

Still, 3 meals cooked on the grill this weekend. I want to get a second gas tank like so many of the rest of you have. Wally mart has them for $35. I also want a better place to get refills. The blue rhino exchange place apparently used to only fill 20 lb (what a standard propane grill tank is) tanks with 17 lbs., and now they only fill them with 15 lbs. of propane. So we're getting less and less, and paying more and more. Sorta like a date with The Lung. There's a camp ground out by Mt. Comfort airport (great airshow out there every year) that may be worth the extra distance to get an actual full tank.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby knapplc » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:52 pm

scottaa1 wrote:The blue rhino exchange place apparently used to only fill 20 lb (what a standard propane grill tank is) tanks with 17 lbs., and now they only fill them with 15 lbs. of propane. So we're getting less and less, and paying more and more.

What? So when I'm buying a "full tank" I'm getting a less than full tank? I did not know that!

I never thought of using a campground. There's a campground probably half the distance from where I fill up now. Good suggestion. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:55 pm

knapplc wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:The blue rhino exchange place apparently used to only fill 20 lb (what a standard propane grill tank is) tanks with 17 lbs., and now they only fill them with 15 lbs. of propane. So we're getting less and less, and paying more and more.

What? So when I'm buying a "full tank" I'm getting a less than full tank? I did not know that!

I never thought of using a campground. There's a campground probably half the distance from where I fill up now. Good suggestion. ;-D

Yup like the KOA places. Also the U-Haul rental places fill up tanks, not all, but most do. ;-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:18 pm

Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Yup like the KOA places. Also the U-Haul rental places fill up tanks, not all, but most do. ;-)

Met knows his gas.

http://www.koa.com/where/usa.htm

The Mt. Comfort campground is a bit out of the way for me but it's a nice country drive. And if it means not supporting a ripoff racket, so be it.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk