Seneca traded for conditional pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

Seneca traded for conditional pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Seneca traded for conditional pick

Postby biju » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:30 pm

I think this can be considered good news, however it could be a little scary during the draft.

First, I will miss Seneca as he did admirably given the fact that he rarely played and likely didn't get many first team snaps but had an ok stat line and record.

Second, this means two things from the Seahawks' brass: either they believe in Mike Teel to be a capable #2 this year (which is good long term too) and/or we're heavily considering taking our QB of the future in the upcoming draft and expect him to immediately be our #2.

The problem with "locking" ourselves into the second half of my second point is that now we're *forced* to use one of our first 3 picks on a QB. By extension, this means that if we don't take a QB at #6 our options at #40 get extremely limited as teams in front of us *know* we need to take a guy at #14 or #40 and by extension might take a leap before us (such as Tebow, McCoy, Pike).

I'm hoping that even if Seattle doesn't grade out Teel high with our new coaches, that we *say* he grades out high so teams don't lock into our draft plans. :-o

But I do want to take this time to say "thanks!" to Seneca as well as my hope that you don't end up burning us by being a much better QB than you were for us...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Seneca traded for conditional pick

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:01 pm

biju wrote:we're heavily considering taking our QB of the future in the upcoming draft and expect him to immediately be our #2....
Agreed here completly.

Can I add that I think that Hasselbeck has 1 more year then he is gone. I don't think Pete wants to restart in a few years when Hass retires. He wants to rebuild now.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Seattle Seahawks