NCAA March Madness Tournament Pick 'Em! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

NCAA March Madness Tournament Pick 'Em!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: *FREE* NCAA March Madness Tournament Pick 'Em

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:55 pm

I'm in dead last... tied with Lung but with less possible points remaining.

Big Daddy only has 27 possible points remaining for the rest of the tourney? Oh, he only filled out the first round of the bracket.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:46 pm

I learned a valuable lesson this year:

Don't pick teams to continue further in the big dance even though they came off a brilliant conference run despite not winning their conference tourney. Thank you, Georgetown. :-C
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:13 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I learned a valuable lesson this year:

Don't pick teams to continue further in the big dance even though they came off a brilliant conference run despite not winning their conference tourney. Thank you, Georgetown. :-C

I hear ya - I've lost 4 Sweet 16 teams under similar circumstances (though not GT, cause I thought they'd lose in the 2nd round) - somehow I still have all Elite 8 left though :-o
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:47 pm

Huge bracket buster. Better than 50% of the pley on yahoo and CBS picked Kansas to be the tourney winner.

If Pitt and WV can make the final four I have a good shot at winning 3 of my 4 brackets cause those few not picking Kansas picked UK or Cuse.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby The Lung » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:59 pm

For all those morons like me who picked Kansas to win it all, feel free to join my Yahoo! Sports Second Chance Tournament Pick'em.

To accept the invitation, just follow this link. For reference, here's the group information.

Group ID#: 9917
Password: cafe

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t2
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:39 pm

The Lung wrote:For all those morons like me who picked Kansas to win it all, feel free to join my Yahoo! Sports Second Chance Tournament Pick'em.

To accept the invitation, just follow this link. For reference, here's the group information.

Group ID#: 9917
Password: cafe

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t2

Done and done. Dang Jayhawks :-t
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:27 pm

I think this year is the worst I have ever done in the tourney. I have lost alot of teams I had going deep. The upsets always get me. They are a huge risk to try and pick so I rarely do.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:41 am

kansas really got screwed. northern iowa should've been a 4 seed. they were great all year. does the committee watch the games? they are god awful.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Metroid » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:31 am

Bah...Kansas didn't get "screwed." I don't care where N. Iowa "should" have been seeded, Kansas was the #1 overall seed and should have taken care of business. People are arguing that they got screwed by the region they were in too, "they had the toughest road" blah blah blah. So what? This is supposed to be the best team in the tourney, play like the best team in the tourney and beat whoever is put in front of you. And N. Iowa as a 4 seed? I dunno bout that. Seven seed, six maybe. Doesn't matter really, if N. Iowa was/is so good Kansas would have had to play them eventually anyway.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:42 am

In. This time, Kentucky is going all the way. And Purdue to the final four. Gotta go with the local schools (but not Butler).
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk