NCAA March Madness Tournament Pick 'Em! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

NCAA March Madness Tournament Pick 'Em!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: *FREE* NCAA March Madness Tournament Pick 'Em

Postby knapplc » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:46 am

My Bracket asplode. Maybe I should let my daughter pick from now on. !+)

I'm in the second-chance bracket. I'm confident I've learned my lessons after the first weekend and that I'll have stunning success from here on out. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:33 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:kansas really got screwed. northern iowa should've been a 4 seed. they were great all year. does the committee watch the games? they are god awful.

They didn't get screwed. They just went back to being the choke artists they've been every year aside from 2008. It doesn't matter what seed N. Iowa should have been, Kansas should have beaten them.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:58 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:kansas really got screwed. northern iowa should've been a 4 seed. they were great all year. does the committee watch the games? they are god awful.

They didn't get screwed. They just went back to being the choke artists they've been every year aside from 2008. It doesn't matter what seed N. Iowa should have been, Kansas should have beaten them.

my point is that N. Iowa is NOT a 9 seed. coming into the tourney, there RPI was 17. Maryland, a 4 seed, had an RPI of 24. the committee obviously has a HUGE bias toward the power conference teams, which is understandable, but when are they gonna realize the teams that dominate weaker conferences can play with the big boys?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Metroid » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:04 pm

I wouldn't disagree that N Iowa should have had a higher seeding, 6 or 7 probably. But Kansas didn't get screwed because of that, Kansas screwed themselves by not playing better basketball. They knew what they were facing in N. Iowa and didn't get it done, no one to blame but themselves.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:29 am

Metroid wrote:I wouldn't disagree that N Iowa should have had a higher seeding, 6 or 7 probably. But Kansas didn't get screwed because of that, Kansas screwed themselves by not playing better basketball. They knew what they were facing in N. Iowa and didn't get it done, no one to blame but themselves.

x 2! If Kansas just played ball like the #1 ranked team in the tournament, then it would not have mattered who they played.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby knapplc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:27 am

I've seen Kansas play several times this season. They just half-arsed that game, that's the bottom line. Sure, UNI played well, but there's no way Kansas should have lost. They beat themselves. End of story.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:45 am

knapplc wrote:I've seen Kansas play several times this season. They just half-arsed that game, that's the bottom line. Sure, UNI played well, but there's no way Kansas should have lost. They beat themselves. End of story.

I agree with this. I watched the Kansas game when they played Michigan earlier this year, and after opening up a huge lead, Kansas let a supremely inferior Michigan team right back into the game and ended up having to play well down the stretch to ensure victory. They played down to the competition, like they have a few times this year, and when you're supposed to be the best team in the country, you should beat a 4 seed every time, so whether UNI should have been a 9 or a 4, it shouldn't have mattered.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Agree with most. Kansas should have played better. Noone screwed them. They screwed NIU wjho should have had an easier route to the sweet 16. Instead they had to face Kansas the #1 seed in round 2.

I took Kansas as the tourney winner in 4 pools. Teams like Kentucky, Duke, and Syracuse are dominating their games. Thats what Kansas should have been doing.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:34 am

Someone still has a perfect bracket... and has Purdue going all the way! :-o

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/Autistic-Teen-Picks-First-Two-NCAA-Rounds-Perfectly-88916437.html

In fact, he picked every game through the first two rounds correctly. The odds of anybody doing that? One in 13,460,000, according to BookofOdds.com. It's easier to win the lottery. Twice.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:45 am

scottaa1 wrote:Someone still has a perfect bracket... and has Purdue going all the way! :-o

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/Autistic-Teen-Picks-First-Two-NCAA-Rounds-Perfectly-88916437.html

In fact, he picked every game through the first two rounds correctly. The odds of anybody doing that? One in 13,460,000, according to BookofOdds.com. It's easier to win the lottery. Twice.

This story irritates me for some reason. Being crazy enough to pick Ohio? Fine, it COULD happen. Doing that and getting everything else right, including Cornell and UW in the Sweet 16 and Murray St., etc.? Also nuts. Picking Purdue to win more than one game (much less the national title) without Robbie Hummel, regardless of the draw? Well, the proof will be in the pudding on that one soon enough or I'll eat (some of) my words...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk