A whale of a meal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

A whale of a meal

Moderator: Football Moderators

A whale of a meal

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 am

what no manatee? chef walks outside and picks up a wrapped package from a parked Mercedes... sounds like a bad movie.

"Someone should not be able to walk into a restaurant and order a plate of an endangered species," said U.S. Attorney Andre Birotte Jr.

"Our special today is wild-caught endangered species, sauteed in shallots and cream, with a side of braised threatened."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/11/california.whale.meat.charge/index.html?iref=allsearch
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: A whale of a meal

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:42 am

scottaa1 wrote:what no manatee? chef walks outside and picks up a wrapped package from a parked Mercedes... sounds like a bad movie.

"Someone should not be able to walk into a restaurant and order a plate of an endangered species," said U.S. Attorney Andre Birotte Jr.

"Our special today is wild-caught endangered species, sauteed in shallots and cream, with a side of braised threatened."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/11/california.whale.meat.charge/index.html?iref=allsearch

the recent South Park episode on this cracks me up...it's funny how it's OK to eat certain animals but not others

a local sushi chef tried serving my friends whale penis once...i guess he was all drunk and making suggestive motions with it behind the counter
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A whale of a meal

Postby joejlitz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:34 am

There's a place around here that serves Unicorn Jambalaya. I know I shouldn't, but it's just so good!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to General Talk